AM Listening

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Larry: I hope things improve for you. I wish more people were like you to realize there are plenty of less fortunate people and families out there and that you are thankful of what you have. Thanks for all the musical tips on bands that you shared with me. Sure opened my ears to some groups I hadn't heard of, but have come to want more of. Once I get up and running with this Behringer UFO202 (thanks for the tip), I will be looking for some more suggestions from you on how to integrate it into my stereo system for music editing.

Nando.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Thanks guys. Na I can't rick taking someone's meds that were not prescribed to me. They catch me self medicating it would be all over but the crying This to I shall overcome.

speakerman1

Tagline
Hi
No I'm not dead. Busy pretty good mood. Been quiet every where on the net. Found moving puter in living room I'm not on very much. Was just in the garage listening to Porcupine Tree. I have the Creek, Onix CDP, and the Epos 12.2s in the garage. Couple weeks ago I forgot to close the garage door so I went out to close it. It starts clicking. Something is in the doors path. So I'm going I didn't mess with anything. So I walk to the end of the table. I look down there is a guy crouched down. I go Dude What The Fuck Are You Doin? I know he peed his paints. He was moving quickly. He was going to steal my air compressor. Called the cops the next day. He asked why I didn't call then. Said I didn't want the hoopla. I will know him when I ever see him again.

Did 99% of my deck to match my house trim. Sort of goofed so I can't go out in the sun. Long story short version. I have 2nd and 3rd degree sunburn on my ankle. Don't ask. So I'm working on my scooter in the garage. Painting pnls and polishing them.

Scooter Was red. Was going to paint all red. Changed mind. Going with hand polished gloss black epoxy. The frame I removed all rust, shot with rust converter then black epoxy.Everything on the engine; but some gears and the crank assy is new. New output shaft old had corrosion 21 mm carb, bigger cam, high rise intake, 80cc piston and cyl., header, variator has 5 gm sliders, the racing clutch, red clutch springs, and red pulley spring, new brakes, new rear tire, chrome cooling fan and serves a purpose the blades are wider to push more air on the eng., chrome CVT cover serves purpose it is vented to run cooler. New kill and start switch, new key switch, 3 new starter relays, 2 new pnls, new headlight lens it was crazed, new larger fuel lines, clamps, stainless and chrome body and eng. hardware, no kick start, no egr, home made puke bottle with PCV for the crank case vent. This has taken me a year of saving buying saving buying. I have ran into a few snags. The rear tire is for a long case. I have a short case. I have to strap the tire to get it on. Went through 4 tire changes. The 3 relays. Well I turn my switch ON not START the starter engages bi-passing all safety switches and stays engaged. I think the eng will be broken in. One of the relays wouldn't stop till I pulled a battery cable. Changed kill switch and key switch and relay. Cleaned all connections and deox'd them. Pulled all the plugs on handle bars one at a time. It engaged every time till the main and key plugs shut down everything. My dilemma is do I pay 30.00 for a new harness or do I start wire tracing by splitting the wire bundles. I mean 30.00 or me hours of splitting looking and closing it back up. Next eng will be a long case, stroker crank, big valve head, I can get a digital speedo with CHT and EGT, RPM, and speed. I'm running 12 inch tires on a bike built for 10 inch. I know the speed is off that is how I bought it. I have a long case L/H which the CVT is in. I am collecting parts. Buy a used one and see what damage I can do. Once a motor head always a motor head. Oh all this has cost half what a new scooter cost. The scooter had 5000 KM on the speedo. It never sat indoors in 5 or 6 years. It never left me. I changed the CDI to a no rev limit and NGK plug and hotter coil wire. I never washed it till I started this project. I have rain gear, under armor long john's. Dyncorp cold weather coat. I ride rain or shine.

Then there is the deck. Then the back fence with my vines. Sitting here at cruise alt.

Attachments

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Larry, before I had even seen your post I had already determined that I was going to master this year's Phoenix Christmas album on a blank from Phoenix Audio Tape Company stock and if I made cassettes for other members they would be on the Maxell and unmarked blanks as well.

I, and pretty much everyone else that started this journey with you have all wondered, and hoped you would stop in.

speakerman1

Tagline
Where to start was listening to Gov't. Mule "Dose" Lee the Onix died. Is there a fuse? I miss the warmth that CDP does. I'm sorry that has been my second best CDP. I am using my 100.00 Oppo. It is the best 100.00 CDP I have heard. Certain DVDs I can't listen to. It hurts my ears. The scooter is almost done. My ankle has had me down. It peeled and the new skin is very tender. Well she has me putting this cream on it that eats dead skin. Was going Wow these scabs are growing; but they aren't scabs. It is dead skin. Well she broke out the ultrasound. She couldn't find a pulse in my foot or ankle. She freaked. Then she sent me to get the test with the pressure cuffs on my legs. They freaked. It was flat on my left foot. I get home Dr. calls from Vascular. Have an appt. tomorrow. Scooter is almost all painted. I have been down since Fri. It will be over soon.

You know I'm pretty beat up at the moment; but my life is good. I'm not in the bathroom washing clothes in the tub with a plunger. I'm not turning the water back on in the evenings. Couldn't pay my bills. I have a wife who loves me. Life is good.

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I have parts for the Onix, send er back we'll get it up and running. Send the dimensions and weight and I'll send a shipping label....get well Buddy...

orange

Tagline
You take it nice and easy, Larry, I'll have your Phoenix card and CD on the way as quick as I can :)

orange

Tagline
Wow...that's heavy.

Don't let them use any Chinese parts.

speakerman1

Tagline
This will be the 3rd surgery. No peaks and valleys above the toe. No pressure at all in the toe. So they may do the Bi because of damage on the right leg. Sores on my ankle won't heal w/o blood. The only concern I have is it doesn't work. Been 13 years since I could walk w/o pain. Did you know if you come up positive for pot on a pee test and you are taking narc for pain. They will not refill it. One guy OD'd taking narc.s. He had cocaine and heroin in his system. So even if you don't abuse your scripts you get no pain meds. I don't understand at all. It isn't the pills fault it is the person. People want to ban pain killers because they are addicting. Of freaking coarse they are. So are a lot of other drugs. Stupid. You can be addicted; but not abuse. Any drug they have to take you off gradually is addicting.

If I wasn't messed up I would be done. I have one pnl to rub out and get my harness to work. Then start assy. Here are some pics. I was on fire till my foot peeled again. LOL I can get in my freezer and walk through the garage. I even set up my solder station. Waiting on tip cleaner and tinner. It was red. I went with a gloss black epoxy. It will get 5 rubbiing. Blood Stone, Meguires compound, polish and black wax. I found some 1 inch thick wool bonnets for less than 7.00, I hand rub the pumice and blood stone. I went 80cc, 20MM carb, bigger cam, no rev limit cdi, all new CVT, different springs and weights. New rear tire. Gotta finish painting the forks.

Attachments

speakerman1

Tagline
Well I'm looking at maybe opening a scooter shop after the 1st of the year.. I didn't do any head work this time. I can get a big valve head port and polished, 3 angle valve job. I got the red spiral wrap to wrap the harness and brake line on the front forks. Haven't touched anything since last Thur. Once the harness is repaired and brake caliper and forks painted will rub the last pnl down and put the front together.

orange

Tagline
Larry, that's because the law changed and you have to get a new prescription each time. This is to prevent abuse. They are more attentive to it now so that not every other assclown can toss out scripts. You need them though, so it's just another hoop.

I think it was in Australia, but at any rate they've figured out how to use hearts that came from the deceased in a short time after death in transplantation. Not exactly the kind of news to cheer you up I know, but it's encouraging at least. So far in this decade they've developed experimental treatments with stem cells for macular degenerative vision loss, taken nasal tissue to foster spinal cord repair to reverse paralysis, now this.

Eventually the Scarecrow will get a brain.

I'm really afraid you are gonna lose that leg though :sad7:

Take care Larry and find Steve Austin for the bionics referral.

This will be the 3rd surgery. No peaks and valleys above the toe. No pressure at all in the toe. So they may do the Bi because of damage on the right leg. Sores on my ankle won't heal w/o blood. The only concern I have is it doesn't work. Been 13 years since I could walk w/o pain. Did you know if you come up positive for pot on a pee test and you are taking narc for pain. They will not refill it. One guy OD'd taking narc.s. He had cocaine and heroin in his system. So even if you don't abuse your scripts you get no pain meds. I don't understand at all. It isn't the pills fault it is the person. People want to ban pain killers because they are addicting. Of freaking coarse they are. So are a lot of other drugs. Stupid. You can be addicted; but not abuse. Any drug they have to take you off gradually is addicting.

If I wasn't messed up I would be done. I have one pnl to rub out and get my harness to work. Then start assy. Here are some pics. I was on fire till my foot peeled again. LOL I can get in my freezer and walk through the garage. I even set up my solder station. Waiting on tip cleaner and tinner. It was red. I went with a gloss black epoxy. It will get 5 rubbiing. Blood Stone, Meguires compound, polish and black wax. I found some 1 inch thick wool bonnets for less than 7.00, I hand rub the pumice and blood stone. I went 80cc, 20MM carb, bigger cam, no rev limit cdi, all new CVT, different springs and weights. New rear tire. Gotta finish painting the forks.

speakerman1

Tagline
My heart is fine. They are shocked every time. I was in my 40s when it reared it's ugly head. I was in great shape. It would hurt occasionally. Then if I took 10 steps I had to stop. I have messed with many chems. Check out why MEK is so bad.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I always wanted to know how they got a heart so big to fit in that chest of yours anyway....ask em that Larrt....

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Larry: I don't see many hot-rodded scooters around so it's nice to see yours being different than the rest.

Nando.