AM Listening

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Sort of upset. The top pour pulled away from the kitty litter pour. Got my kevlar sheers. Chop it up and mix with resin. Fiberglass cloth I used paper cutter. LOL Office people would get upset.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Yesterday, I pulled out a pair of Realistic Mach One speakers which are more, or less sold at this time. I recorded a few video clips with my hand-held digital camera during the speaker test. Too bad, the audio portions don't do the speakers justice. I ran the Pioneer SA-9500II flat on the tone controls and all the L-pad controls on the speakers, also flat at 0dB. Whoever bought a pair of these back in the day must have been pleased.

I was very careful in bringing these classics back on line, as I had them sitting, unused, for a few years, until yesterday. While I went out grocery shopping, I had them powered up by my Pioneer SA-9500II integrated amplifier, which also had been sitting on a shelf about as long as the Mach Ones, just playing elevator music for about an hour, at only two clicks up on the Pioneer's volume control.

Then, I loaded up some real music and gave the Mach Ones more juice.

Click on images to play video:

Nando.

Last edited:

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I agree, Larry. If you have any faith in the product testing in Consumer Reports, you'll see plenty of Tandy and Realistic components, from the 70's and 80's, rated high. These Mach Ones will be the closest I get to Klipschorns. I know Lee and a few others will have a chuckle over that comment. No... these Mach Ones are as good as K-horns. Now, they can laugh even louder.

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Nando I had some Magnavox cabs with a 15" woof and a 12 " horn, I thought they were the shit before I heard a set of K-Horns......

speakerman1

Tagline
Ray Charles – I've Got A Woman - Single/LP Version Heard him in Seattle. Been wanting a drink for a few weeks now. I'm allergic to it. Can't touch it. I become bullet proof in my mind any way. Been 10 years since it has passed over my lips. Good Vodka and wine I miss. Cheap beer. LOL The beast was good enough for me. Adam Ant – Cool Zombie I drank to get drunk. Social drinking wasn't an option. Gonna be a scooter riding day. Adam must be broke.

Fairchild

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
It's Beer Season!
I had a 64 Impala, really wanted a 64 Chevelle SS convertible, my Dad put a stop to that, claimed a convertible is how he got my Mother. lol

Jim

speakerman1

Tagline
Been a couple of days. Think I will do over the weather today. I'm so glad I cleaned up the gun. LOL. Do you guys use your ebay bucks. Wrist sore from shooting paint.Slash – We Will Roam - feat. Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators Still heat soaking the plinth. Was fish eying bad. Need to get the 12 inch saw out and play a bit. Use to bet big time on the Super Bowl. Now I don't even watch. Doing my space out routine. LOL Forget what I'm doing. If you get my drift. LOL Shot 3rd coat. Will sand next.