Al K's Extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeme Slope Crossovers!!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Nope, didn't mess with Al's settings...and steeper does mean more power handling.....had to find the no go point....was slow on the big knob...

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
Know very well where Hemet is. Ya, left Rivreside in 72, heard it ain't the same.
Grew up on 3866 Jones Ave, Riverside, Ca..
This is them, played the 400 for a few weeks after putting in a DCP and bigger caps from White Oak and loved the sound through the JBL 150's and then decided best put it away before well you know...KABOOM! The 700 has a bad channel so didn't even go there. A lot of shiny sitting there. IMG_0457.JPG IMG_0459.JPG IMG_0460.JPG

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Was having some "scratchy" noises coming from the right mid driver lately....and that was on the new DCM 50 I put in a few months ago. Started an Email conversation with Al, thinking it was a crossover problem. After checking a few things Al just plainly said it was not a network problem. The driver would also "break up" at a higher volume. I swapped in a new driver and all is well.
I forgot I had an "event" the night before I went fishing in October. I was test listening to the PL 2000 of Dean's when a very loud pop and squeal erupted from the speakers. I thought I was pretty quick on the knob....not quick enough I guess.

It's sounding pretty damn good right now!! Shpongle----"Are You Shpongled"...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Another casualty of that "event" was the Oppo BDP-105. The tray went in and out once then quit. It would not play or respond to any other commands. I thought she was toast, but after leaving it powered down for a week she powered back up and has been fine ever since....still scratching my head over that one...

62vauxhall

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
Another casualty of that "event" was the Oppo BDP-105. The tray went in and out once then quit. It would not play or respond to any other commands. I thought she was toast, but after leaving it powered down for a week she powered back up and has been fine ever since....still scratching my head over that one...
I think digital disc players get brain farts.

There is an Akai CD player beside my computer desk that I hooked up a couple months ago. It had sat unused for about two years and it did the reverse of your Oppo. The time spent unplugged made it forget everything including how to open the tray. Left powered up for an afternoon and it was right as rain. But after a week or so of non-use, it's a forgetfull Sally again.

Gibsonian

Chief Journeyman
Was having some "scratchy" noises coming from the right mid driver lately....and that was on the new DCM 50 I put in a few months ago. Started an Email conversation with Al, thinking it was a crossover problem. After checking a few things Al just plainly said it was not a network problem. The driver would also "break up" at a higher volume. I swapped in a new driver and all is well.
I forgot I had an "event" the night before I went fishing in October. I was test listening to the PL 2000 of Dean's when a very loud pop and squeal erupted from the speakers. I thought I was pretty quick on the knob....not quick enough I guess.

It's sounding pretty damn good right now!! Shpongle----"Are You Shpongled"...

Lots of events out West it seems. I think you broke it and fixed it and broke it again in Oct then. Tough month! Those DCM50's are definitely the weak spot in your speakers now. Wonder how long this one will last lol!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Well Scott, that's a good question. I now have 2 spare drivers with 2 new diaphrams coming..