a question about amp conections

pat

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Music Lover
Some may consider a 700B or Series II (and 400's) a WOPL if it has a White Oak Control Board, but myself, I don't consider it a WOPL until it's been rebuild with ALL White Oak Upgrades. i.e. White Oak Back Planes, AND a white Oak Control Board and wired according to the White Oak Wiring/Grounding scheme. Although, the White Oak control board gives you many benefits, you don't get the full "E" ticket ride until they are ALL implemented together. Throw in a WattsAbundant DC Protection board, a WO Light Board/Meter Boards and all the little bits of hardware and you now have yourself a contender (actually, it murders any other contender). Until you get rid of any vestiges of the original amp, you are waiting for a catastrophic failure which can cause damage to your speakers/amp/home................ A half upgraded amplifier, IMHO is NOT a true WOPL.................... But.... Then again, what do I know??? I have only built about 100 of them. :)
Great reply Thank You. Can I call you Sniffer?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
The Sniff--- brutally honest with a dash of asshole

And I've been drunk since 8:00 am YESTERDAY, started off with bailey's and coffee at breakfast, stopped at 10:pm last night, drove 130 miles, woke up, pumped my wells and back at Old Chicago this afternoon fixin the hangover...what a weekend.