700 Series II Build

Hexis22

Chief Journeyman
All outputs installed and final power up tests completed. Time to clean all the OFP plugs off the bench...

Initial Bias set at 350mV on both channels.

Output offset measured -0.9mV Left and 0.6mV Right.

Just need to complete the RG316 coax connections between the RCA's and control board inputs before initial bench music tests.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
All outputs installed and final power up tests completed. Time to clean all the OFP plugs off the bench...

Initial Bias set at 350mV on both channels.

Output offset measured -0.9mV Left and 0.6mV Right.

Just need to complete the RG316 coax connections between the RCA's and control board inputs before initial bench music tests.

Beautiful work Eric!

Hexis22

Chief Journeyman
The way they should have been built originally Eric. Your next project is on its way to you now...
Thanks for the fast shipment Joe.

The quality of the White Oak design and components for the Phase Linear products make this type of project a joy to assemble, not to mention the accurate and detailed sound.

I hope to complete many more…

Hexis22

Chief Journeyman
@Gepetto, do you know the current rating of the 700 transformer secondary windings that feed LED meters?

I'm looking for recommended fuse rating to adequately protect the transformer windings, given I used a barrier terminal strip and eliminated the small wire "fuse" PL used on the original terminal strip mounted to the chassis.

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
Eric, I really like the thought you've put into improving the wiring on the 700 WOPLs.
I should have time this winter to go back into mine and make the improvements.
Thanks for posting your build!

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
@Gepetto, do you know the current rating of the 700 transformer secondary windings that feed LED meters?

I'm looking for recommended fuse rating to adequately protect the transformer windings, given I used a barrier terminal strip and eliminated the small wire "fuse" PL used on the original terminal strip mounted to the chassis.
Hi Eric, 12.52Vrms with an output current of 0.50Arms (6.3VA)