700/1 “Tim” WOPL driver board

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
What are you having problems with identifying Andrew?
I’m not sure mine is original or even correct. Mostly the switch and dual RCA’s and how the 220k resistor is wired. Also my eyes are getting to be shit. So C1 and R2(100k) are on the old PL 1071 board, direct DC jacks bypass the level pots and use the 100k on the OLD board, wait... R3 is the ground of the level pot???? Darn I’m almost more confused now that i can see it...

I had planned to tag the .47 caps between two of the RCA jacks and one side of the switch, with a 100k resistor to ground. the “normal” RCA’s through the switch with a 220k to ground and out to the level pots? What the heck is
R3
1R
???

edit. As it’s configured the switch is basically useless unless you have signal to all four RCA jacks, it just selects between them. Not sure why they would have used four jacks really?

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Don't know why they had 4 jacks. But the normal/direct coupling switch takes the cap out of the input, or bypasses it..

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Yes but it also bypasses the volume pot? And changes from 220k with the .47 to 100k without?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
No, The 220 is just to keep static electricity from occuring when hooking up the RCA jacks. With an input the 220's are bypassed. Is there two sets of pot wiring coming off the inputs? How about a pic?

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Basically what I’m getting at is that if you don’t want to remove and replace RCA plugs in different jacks or have two separate sources, the switch isn’t worth a frig. Plug into one set of jacks, switch outs the cap in play or not? This seems
To be what the 700/II & 700/b do no?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Just looked at the 700 one I have here.....my bad, there are 4 jacks, so yes, one set should bypass caps, don't know about bypassing the pots..

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
I’m confused about the PL drawing and the level pots. Looks like direct bypasses the pots but I haven’t ohmed it out yet (my bad)