AM Listening

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Is there anyway to get a USB adapter so I can plug more USB in? Plug the adapter in so I can have more USB ports. See if I can see the hills far away. Steven siggy may be done today. In audio sometimes you just have to pay to play. Coming in here makes me want to start the plinth again. LOL To many projects that need to be finished. I have been very fortunate in the Audio department. Graham took me under his wing. All you guys. Mark, John, Danny. Some others I have been lucky to talk to on Linked In. You never know who you may meet. Being humble in greatness. Knowing your place. Never fear questions. Today I think I could build a tubed deck. If I can solder. LOL Most of my friends are diverse. Some know speakers others amps, all things vinyl, then digital. I fall into things. Bought my Teac TT from John. Plus he helped me pick a phono amp kit and do the battery design with a RC battery. I picked the parts. Really it boils down to trial and error. Asking questions. Even in greatness they like questions. They aren't going to tell you wrong. Why would they then they would look stupid. Gear reviewers are funny. Some are pompous. Others are cool. No you don't pay for reviews. I have one waiting for the X amp. Had one doing a tape review was beneath him. Lee if you get good reviews on the X amp you ready for prime time. LOL Steve Miller Band New board no infringement. May paint the one you send Candy Apple Red. I have everything but the base. Patience is a virtue when you shoot paint. I have to remember tack coat then start to shoot. I want it covered in one shot. LOL Aren't I just goofy sometimes. Some very good tunes on this playlist. Hard frost here this morning. Carly tried to tell me how to use her phone. LOL She shows me the buttons and screens. Then goes you don't care do you? Nope Winter is not a good thing for me right now. It rang last night. I just looked at it. LOL Wasn't for me. Haven't given it to anyone. Hey have a good day.

BubbaH

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Yes Larry you can buy a USB hub. It will allow multiple usb connections through 1 usb port on your comuter. Generally pretty cheap for an external.

speakerman1

Tagline
Messing with puters. Hub came. I have 396 CDs in my library. Relief cutting a variator nut. Which is on the crank. No hurry on it don't want to get into the threads. Leak ck'd fuel, oil, gear lube. In the last 15 years we had our freedoms eroded. Go to an airport. It is another world. Guess if you want to fly give up a lot. Now if you want to go to the Dr. the Gov't. tells you which one. Crazy I tell ya. Just crazy I tell ya. Plus you will pay for the honor. Just crazy man. Just think back to the 70s sitting in your bean bag chair. Cranking some tunes in that random futuristic thought process. I wore my seat belt. It wasn't a law. Never even fathomed this stuff. You would have told me this stuff. I would have thought you were a communist. Now they are the free thinkers. 55 mins remaining 136 gigs. I don't understand the anger thing at all. I'm evil because I don't think like you do? In my 12th grade Gov't. class. I remembered this section the most. The 10 or 12 rules of rumor and propaganda. I remembered that the most. I don't remember them per-say. I know them when I see them. Time fell back my clocks didn't. I have a HD in. It is showing 3 discs how can I make it one? Going on 2 days still in the Bs on the playlist. That is how long I have been writing this. Retard to slow. I own music I didn't know I own. We be jammin and cuttin. Started cutting on the flange on the crank nut. Thinking on my variator rollers the edges are rough. They are 5 grams. I have teflon spray I can coat everything. Nut off got the threads just a bit. Will use blue loctite.Yngwie Malmsteen – Blitzkrieg - Live Version

speakerman1

Tagline
HUH Never mind. I get it now. If the price I saw for one is any indication I won't be getting one.
Finally sent email. LOL Just call me Speedy. Jack Bruce – Come to Me Birds are going crazy outside. Well Here is what I got back. Hi Larry, I have asked the factory and will let you know what I learn. Most MBL products are Phillips RC5 coded. Found this remote. http://www.ebay.com/itm/IRC81155-fo...nics_Video_RemoteControls&hash=item46159d8ef8. Wonder if my Shanling would work. HMMM Will have to see in my jaunts between rooms.

View attachment 10870 View attachment 10871 View attachment 10872 First pic is my KKK speakers. Second pic is new starter gear with the shoulder. The 2nd one is the old gear with no shoulder. With a mill it would take one second. Doing it by doing figure 8s on sand paper is going to take a bit. Can't use the old one. I bent it trying to get the nut off. Hang the engine run it through a few times w/o starting. If I'm confident I will start it. Gotta be brave if you're gonna be dumb. Still thinking about a shop. I can put a 6 inch vise table on my drill press and use it as a mill. Funds are strapped. Gotta get out of debt. Forgot I was writing. LOL Only in my world is that possible. If I had a 3/4 end mill I would chuck it up in the drill press. Forgot again. I started listening to this playlist Sunday. I turn off the stereo and let the music run. I am now to the Ds.Black Sabbath – Dirty Women - Live

Last edited:

speakerman1

Tagline

speakerman1

Tagline
Commander Cody – Down and Out I'm still thinking about a scooter shop. I can get a bore tool for 150.00. I use to cross hatch by hand. On aircraft eng. You don't split the Cyl from the head. We cut seats and everything first. We lapped the valves and stick them upside down in the valve guides. We used a big hunkin drill to hone. You would forget to pull the valves out and be honing and hit those valve stems. The drill would try to break your wrists with the sudden stop. 2 times is all it took. The drill was I think a 3/4 hp. It had a 3/4 inch chuck. It had 2 side handles. I was going to school. That is when Coors made the party ball. I didn't drink then. They went through one of those a night. I was the shop gopher.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Larry, we have a lot of those 1940's vintage boring bars that you bolt to the cylinder and do your boring. They were made by Sturm-Vulcan. The standard bar used for most automotive cylinder boring. My partner has a fetish about em. We keep 3 of them in shop rotation for boring out wrist pin holes in pumping unit crankarms so we can sleeve them. And in the shed are 23 more-----just in case......

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Larrt, I have one of those drills with the 3/4 chuck. We call the one's with a 1/2" chuck wristbreakers. That big 'ol Sioux I have is an armbraker, know them well...

BubbaH

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
I know someone that broke their wrist with a makita 1/2" drill. Also worked on a site with a kid that leaned on the drill with his waist area, drilling into concrete, dont want to go into detail about what that ripped when the drill bound up.

speakerman1

Tagline
Larrt, I have one of those drills with the 3/4 chuck. We call the one's with a 1/2" chuck wristbreakers. That big 'ol Sioux I have is an armbraker, know them well...
The sioux is what we had. Had it wrap the trigger once when I let go. Banging around every where till it ripped the cord out. Couldn't have done it better if I tried to do it. Your doing cross hatch you are moving. You have a whole row of cyl.s waiting. When it happens it is time for a smoke break.Josh Kelley – Faces I have no idea. LOL Rockport makes very nice equipment. Our lathe was one also. Can't be cheap. They were old if you could say that. Do they age? I think you would only need to buy one in your life time.

Started dressing the frame. I have 10 AWG for the grd and positive runs. Means cleaning up to get to my iron. Was going to cut a big circle to let the heat out faster from the CVT. Trying to think how I could make louvers instead. Create a low pressure in the area thus sucking the heat out. I could try making one cut then heat the metal and use wide bill vice grips and try to stretch the metal on the sides. Wondering if I put enough C5 grease in the ctutch. Got some finish painting to do. Then put the pnl.s on. Ordered a magnetic drain plug kit. Was on back order 3 months. I already serviced everything. I do like to know if they are making metal especially on break in. I hope my plastic puke bottle doesn't melt. If it does I make one out of kevlar. I have no more EGR on it. Think I'll paint the CVT Cherry Red. The engine is black. With the table coming I can make a billet aluminum arm board for the teac. One of my favorite songs. Ricky Nelson – Garden Party Over a week and up to the Gs on my playlist. Looking for my tubing cutter. I put it some where I couldn't forget. Found them. Now my flush cut ty-wrap cutters. I hate getting torn up by ty-wrap not flush cut.

Lee I forgot about the amp. Thanks Steven I received 2 tapes. No decks hooked up at the moment.

View attachment 10945 View attachment 10946 View attachment 10947 I Did buy a die grinder. So this should go a lot faster.