AM Listening

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I use the CD-1 when testing amps Larrt. I'll bypass everything and just go from the Onix to whatever amp I'm testing. I'll listen to it for a week or so after that. Just very sweet sounding.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue18/onixcd1.htm

Attention to detail also extends to the remote control, which is beautifully constructed from a solid block of aluminum. The CD-1 has a built-in volume control which allows for direct connection to an amplifier, and can only be adjusted via the remote control.

speakerman1

Tagline
Blues Traveler

Another day in wonderland. Haven't seen the sun in days. Gotta get into a profound state of mind. If that is possible for me. Took a nap. Putting the gear box together on the scooter. then try to get a tire on. If so then hang the engine. Lee howz the hands?

Life is hard at times. How hard is up to how you handle it.There is always someone worse off than we are. Why complain no one wants to hear it. Neighbor kid came over yesterday. Was looking at my scooter frame. He works on them also. Said it was the cleanest frame he ever saw. Gotta get it in here. Just opened the door. Leaves are starting to change. Not a bad little garage system. Oh yea just started on some Joe Walsh. My wav files sound better than Spotify. Gotta go order some bearings. Kilroy wasn't here.

speakerman1

Tagline
The IR maybe in the display. Just put some Led on. Ya know I will very seldom talk about another person. I try not to. I have never said one bad thing about my Son's Mother to them. I told her I hoped I was around when she died so I could pee on her grave. My Step-Daughter invited me to her ashes scattering. Thought I would pass. They would have to have me on some very good stuff for me not to yell. I told you you would burn just as I'm peeing on the ground as the ashes fell. Really in my heart she is the only demon I have. She told my Sons I never paid Child Support. She was getting 35% of my wages. 35% adds up to a lot of money. I went from 26K in the hole to under 12K in 3 years. That was paying current and back. I knew her. So the only way I would pay was if I knew where my children were living at all times. All I ever got was a PO Box address. I asked the CSED for her address they wouldn't give it to me. Even to this day I will not say a bad word about her to them. That is my vent for the year. No I'm trying to talk to my oldest. Guess we will see.

Lee were they X amps. John designed the new ones being sold by Emerald Physics. Lee can you send one of the X amps at your leisure.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Larrt, my hands are way better today. It appears the solvent turned the first 3-4 layers of skin into some type of plastic, very weird. I tried the Onix 15 remote, no dice, tried the oppo remote, no dice. Yes, I will send an X-amp. AND I WILL PISS ON MY X'S GRAVE AND I DON'T CARE WHO'S THERE!!!!!!!!

speakerman1

Tagline
Larrt, my hands are way better today. It appears the solvent turned the first 3-4 layers of skin into some type of plastic, very weird. I tried the Onix 15 remote, no dice, tried the oppo remote, no dice. Yes, I will send an X-amp. AND I WILL PISS ON MY X'S GRAVE AND I DON'T CARE WHO'S THERE!!!!!!!!
You chemically burned them. You took every bit of oils and moisture out of those layers. Gonna be tender after the peal. My ex died of Kidney failure from darvocet abuse for many years. Most of her life.

speakerman1

Tagline
We be jammin. Very good CD. Harry Connick, Jr. – She
You can get spotify 10 hours free. I did that in one day. LOL Saves me a lot of money. I get test runs w/o buying. I have some spotify doesn't have. There is a lot of Euro vinyl out there you don't see here. There are good pressings and bad pressing. 90% of my new is Euro. Some Limited pressings. I hope when I die I hope Carly can live a little while from the proceeds. I hate selling stuff. Never know when you may need it. LOL This little Behrenger is pretty good. No digital sound.Harry Connick, Jr. – Follow The Music Great CD. These Epos in this little area kick butt. I do have amp hum. Oh well it is almost as old as I am and on occasion I hum. This is a great CD to test with. You got some bass going on. You know some Superfly bass. I have a few of his CDs. This is the only one that even gets a listen to. Then he breaks into some honky tonk. Joe Bonamassa recommended this CD as one of his top 5 CDs to have. Only one I liked. Sounds darn good for a garage system. Gotta get 2 more pillow cases to cover the other speaker. Haven't done anything that would create dust.

Anyone want to swap tapes. I have a Red Phoenix sitting here sealed. Just good music. Whole LPs or just songs fill a tape. I'm in no rush. So whenever it happens it happens. About to move a deck inside. So I will do it when. Here is the Nikko.http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIKKO-STERE...pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item2a2f3d189d. I do like the phono section a lot.Well yes yes I am. How are you? Gov't Mule – Thorazine Shuffle Great tune. In the fall and winter the cats visit me in here. Babs usually hears the music and comes in. Boots went to run in and hit my foot and then hit her head on the door. She has to be invited now. Can't train cats? Steven I found my pen. Can't find paper.Chickenfoot – Chickenfoot (Deluxe Edition)

Last edited:

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
A tape exchange would be great, Larry. I have a couple of other members to record tapes for first, so it would be another couple of weeks before I start yours. Here's a great idea for a theme, and one I will be working on for iancC90 of TH. You are on a deserted island and you have one tape to play of your favourite picks . What would be recorded on it? I received Ian's tape awhile ago, so I will be working on my copy for him. I could make a second copy for you, Larry.

Nando.

speakerman1

Tagline
A tape exchange would be great, Larry. I have a couple of other members to record tapes for first, so it would be another couple of weeks before I start yours. Here's a great idea for a theme, and one I will be working on for iancC90 of TH. You are on a deserted island and you have one tape to play of your favourite picks . What would be recorded on it? I received Ian's tape awhile ago, so I will be working on my copy for him. I could make a second copy for you, Larry.

Nando.
OK I'm in no rush. That will be sort of hard really. I'll ponder it.

Elite-ist

Staff member
OK I'm in no rush. That will be sort of hard really. I'll ponder it.
Not as hard as you think, Larry. I am picking songs that have some meaning at different points of my life. You have had a long life... you might have to record on a C-120 instead of a C-90 like me. I don't want to break up my brick of Phoenix Reds, so I will using a different tape for your mix.

Nando.

speakerman1

Tagline
LOL I have a playlist from my school days that is days long. I have 200 Phoenix some where in a box just gathering dust. I think Blue labels. I'm going to do all digital. See how you like it coming off the puter.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Larry: Off the hard drive is fine. I pluck my selections from anything apart from a hard drive: it could be vinyl, CD, 8-track cassette, pre-recorded open-reel, or even from another mix tape I was given by a member. That's another project worth doing when I can do it: "My Picks From Other Mixes."

Nando.

speakerman1

Tagline
I just want to see what the sound is like. I may try the phono amp on this tape. See what it sounds like converting analog to digital.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr4P0Be-Grc

Now I forgot what I am doing. LOL See I forgot. Was surfing my tabs. LOL Deck will be a Yamaha KX 580 SE, Nikko Beta 20 Preamp. Looking at my bench.need to clean it to do a rack. Get it off my table. I'm back this post has taken hours.

Last edited:

Elite-ist

Staff member
Larry, are you referring to your Nikko Beta 20 preamplifier? I picked up a PS Audio IV with HCPS (High Current Power Supply) about ten days ago for less than $20. I haven't had time to try it out or even photograph it. Here's a picture I grabbed off the internet, but I will upload my own pictures later.

Nando.