AM Listening

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Don't you love music that gets the ole noggin bobbin. Any suggestions for this great fall evening. Well yes yes I am. Thank you for asking. Maybe a little diversity. Tommy Emmanuel does some very clean finger work. Billy Joel tells some great stories. Will be listening to Billy for a bit.

Them Crooked Vultures – No One Loves Me & Neither Do I

Joe Bonamassa – The Ballad of John Henry - Live

Joe Bonamassa – The Ballad of John Henry

Tommy Emmanuel – Beatles Medley

Billy Joel – Live At Shea Stadium

Billy Joel – Live At Shea Stadium

The Jeff Healey Band – While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Live From The Peer Blues Festival, Peer/1993

Joe Satriani – Premonition

Last edited:

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Larry: I recently recorded a track from this album for a future run of mix tapes for members. I have the 1973 Epic 32140 LP of Beck, Bogert & Appice. Right up your alley, Larry.

Scanned from the back of the record jacket:

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
I have Beckology on CD courtesy of yourself, Larry. I remember the "Live At Ronnie Scott's" when you circulated a cassette you recorded from that album. I dubbed your tape before sending it onto the next in line for a Travelling Tape we were in the middle of doing as a group. Since then, I bought the release on 180 gram vinyl.

Nando.

speakerman1

Tagline
Nando I don't remember yesterday much less years ago. The mind is a terrible thing to waste. I like this new Sammy Hagar CD. Wasn't a big fan of Kid Rocks first works. The Hagar CD was the 1st I have bought in many months. There was months I sat in silence. No music. Gotta change the caps in this little Dynaco. Since I started building this scooter. Cheapest hot rod I have ever built. Better cam, 80cc cyl and head, new exhaust, Going with bigger tires. Racing clutch and variator. 21 mm carb, 91 main jet, No egr, Non rev limiting CDI, Hotter coil. Old head going to port and polish, bigger valves. Shot the frame in gloss black epoxy. Had a lot of rust on the welds. First I shot a rust convertor. Racing brakes, I can get a stroker crank; but would have to get a better starter. I took my kick start off. Kevlar belt. Modding the tranny cover gotta get air in there to keep it cool. Painting all my plastic.

Graham Can I come off a Nice CDP into my puter. I'm ignorant on this. Do I have to use an OS on an external HD or can I just use it with just a ripping and playback program? Anyone I want to do this right. I'm tired of having the puter good luck I have been having. Blue screens and all. Is media player good?

Sammy Hagar – Sammy Hagar & Friends

Kid Rock

Elite-ist

Staff member
The last CD I bought was Black Sabbath's "13." The group was here in Vancouver this past summer. A friend of mine, Johnny, had a ticket to the concert: Row 13, Seat 13. He had a bad feeling about going so he sold the ticket to a neighbour. The concert was terrible, apparently, as Ozzy forgot some of his lines and the concert was only 1.5 hours long with no encores.

Nando.

BubbaH

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
I saw Sabbath on the first Reunion tour. Excellent show back then. Ive also seen Ozzy several other times. Always a good show. He has been getting forgetful with the lyrics. I also think his management is booking too many consecutive shows. His voice has been suffering from the bootlegs ive heard.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Bubba, didn't you hear Sharon say he was having a relapse?

orange

Tagline
I don't think Ozzy has ever heard of President Harding.

speakerman1

Tagline
Listening to some old Deep Purple tonight. I have almost everything I can think of audio wise. Just that 200.00 USB DAC with tube output. I have everything for the battery phono amp, Grace tonearm, teac tt. If I figure out the NAK will not need another deck. Have the Pioneer R2R. I have a yamaha and a Nak b3 both need belts. I have the Marrs belt kits for them. A silver face K1000 sitting here with remote and box. gotta put the door back on. BK tube tester. Good Bad Indifferent. Not for matching. Shells, Pancakes. Haven't been under the table yet. There are the wall warts DACs and other things. Every time I think I can sell the PT gear I can't pull the trigger. I forget which CDP I have. Need to bring the Shanling in for a tune up. Lee around the 1st of the year start sending me some amps. I might be able to solder again. LOL

Deep Purple – California Jam 1974

Rainbow – Live In Germany 1976

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Larrt, around the 1st I hope to have the toroids and power supply boards in stock. Joe has finished the redesign of the power supply, don't know if he has the boards spec'd out yet. Gonna take about 2500.00 to finish procurement of said pieces.
Have you talked toMark lately?? Still have a storage unit full of Epiphany cabs....

orange

Tagline
Larrt, around the 1st I hope to have the toroids and power supply boards in stock. Joe has finished the redesign of the power supply, don't know if he has the boards spec'd out yet. Gonna take about 2500.00 to finish procurement of said pieces.
Have you talked toMark lately?? Still have a storage unit full of Epiphany cabs....
Epifani? http://www.epifani.com/

or Epiphany Cabinets (as in kitchen)?

orange

Tagline
Listening to some old Deep Purple tonight. I have almost everything I can think of audio wise. Just that 200.00 USB DAC with tube output. I have everything for the battery phono amp, Grace tonearm, teac tt. If I figure out the NAK will not need another deck. Have the Pioneer R2R. I have a yamaha and a Nak b3 both need belts. I have the Marrs belt kits for them. A silver face K1000 sitting here with remote and box. gotta put the door back on. BK tube tester. Good Bad Indifferent. Not for matching. Shells, Pancakes. Haven't been under the table yet. There are the wall warts DACs and other things. Every time I think I can sell the PT gear I can't pull the trigger. I forget which CDP I have. Need to bring the Shanling in for a tune up. Lee around the 1st of the year start sending me some amps. I might be able to solder again. LOL

Deep Purple – California Jam 1974

Rainbow – Live In Germany 1976
Pioneer reel to reel caught my eyes...one of the few categories of Pioneer gear I want but don't yet have...

*Thanks for the correction, Larry...forgot you were recently given that and it stays.

Last edited:

speakerman1

Tagline
I asked John about Mark nothing was said. So I don't know.

speakerman1

Tagline
You have an Onix CD-1, still the best sounding one of the bunch, I kept one back also.
Wish I could find a remote that worked. Oh well. It may be coming in the garage to load CDs into the puter. I think I said something to that effect before you bought a newer one. The PT gear even makes it better yet. Will get busy in a bit. Gotta get a scooter in the barn. Just plugged the Onix in. I forget how it sounds. Does not have one bit of digital sound. I contacted MBL for the codes for the remote. I have to find my digital cable. Try the PT gear and see if I can go into the puter through the Behringer. See how it sounds ripping that way. Led Zeppelin "How The West Was Won" revisited

Golden Earring