AM Listening

Pure_Brew

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Coffee filters
I thought maybe using a grooveless record might be a better solution for setting anti skate then the little dial. That's what I use at the moment from a Shure test LP.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Kenny Wayne Shepherd – Voodoo Child [Slight Return]

Enjoy. One more pour to go. Stained my new trim. Was kinda grouchy yesterday. I'm writing email, pms, and this. I forget what I'm thinking. So on a P mount you don't set the tracking weight? You have to excuse me while I do some light house cleaning on my attitudes. Gotta be done. You can only cruise for so long. If you wanna dance you gotta pay the band. With a little help from my friends. Which is a good thing.Traffic – Glad / Freedom Rider - Live Version

Fairchild

Tagline
It's Beer Season!
I have never had a p-mount but I think you still set the tracking force but your VTA, and alignment and such are preset due to the way it mounts, you shouldn't need a protractor with a p-mount.

Jim

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Over the river and through the woods to Grandma's house we go. My cousin is bringing me a table to refiinsh. I hope I don't get the giggles. LMBO Guess what I did yesterday? I drank milk for the 1st time in 4 months. Brought a smile to my face.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
I have never had a p-mount but I think you still set the tracking force but your VTA, and alignment and such are preset due to the way it mounts, you shouldn't need a protractor with a p-mount.

Jim
A lot of the cheaper pmount tt's had the force preset... no moving parts on the tonearm. My linear is preset electronically, somehow.

Fairchild

Tagline
It's Beer Season!
Over the river and through the woods to Grandma's house we go. My cousin is bringing me a table to refiinsh. I hope I don't get the giggles. LMBO Guess what I did yesterday? I drank milk for the 1st time in 4 months. Brought a smile to my face.
I'll have the milk in a White Russian, the Dude abides. lol

Jim