AM Listening

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I like not being analytical about listening. Just opened the Shatner LP yesterday. Getting in the perfect frame of mind to do this right. With a little help from my friends. You must read who all played on this LP. Feels like you are sitting in a coffee house. In a Coffee House you can smoke in. The good feeling is starting to creep into my mind. Where no one can go but me. Those of you that have paid. Will order today. Do you have that place to venture in. I am very happy that I have found the tranquil place in life. It makes everything brighter that should be. The darker personalities get darker. Please look into the light. 001.jpg ever seen a clear one before.

Pure_Brew

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Coffee filters
I like not being analytical about listening. Just opened the Shatner LP yesterday. Getting in the perfect frame of mind to do this right. With a little help from my friends. You must read who all played on this LP. Feels like you are sitting in a coffee house. In a Coffee House you can smoke in. The good feeling is starting to creep into my mind. Where no one can go but me. Those of you that have paid. Will order today. Do you have that place to venture in. I am very happy that I have found the tranquil place in life. It makes everything brighter that should be. The darker personalities get darker. Please look into the light. View attachment 7453 ever seen a clear one before.
I have a few clear LP's, some are mesmerizing to stare into depending on how the light hits the inner and outer grooves while its rotating!

speakerman1

Tagline
J. Carter Pres. 000001 My sign off if I didn't want anything to do with it. LOL Did you know Walmart owned a Repair facility for heavys? Worked there a couple of times. Sucked. Kept getting farmed out off of my crew. Putting plastic and pulling plastic for the painters. I can do it a couple of nights. That is it I'm gone. LOL I never complained. I just left. I can hear what they said. He is a drunk; but he is good leave him alone. LOL I used it for what it was worth. If you were washing planes that was my days off. LOL I had paid my dues. Found my hum. Record weight. LOL Not kidding. LOL

speakerman1

Tagline
I have a few clear LP's, some are mesmerizing to stare into depending on how the light hits the inner and outer grooves while its rotating!
May make a tape of this. The 100 ohm load makes a difference. Will be sending my Oppo out to be fixed. The rocket sounds come from the Challenger Take Off recordings. How Cool. It tells how he came upon this LP. I can blank out the singing and hear just the instruments. Space Truckin with Johnny Winter. Shatner is a pretty humble guy. He can laugh at himself. I think he would be fun to sit down with and just BS with him. For him to come up with this sort of thing tells you how he thinks. Joe you been dropping something?

Last edited:

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
Funny you say that about Shatner. I'm not much of celebrity follower but he would be my top pick on people I would like to meet.

although if I could sit in a room and get any question I had fully answered, I think I would (would have) liked to talk with Ronald Reagan.

speakerman1

Tagline
Mine would be the Pres. Would like to know where he is coming from in his thinking. I mean you don't just come up with these thoughts. Who was his influences. I do have a theory. Has a lot to do with pleasing the father.

speakerman1

Tagline
Think about your life as a photo album. Seems the best pictures are up front. So they are the first you see. You know I'm looking back. At some of the baddest times in my life there was someone their to help me get back on my feet. May have been only a sentence or a look, a word or touch to let you know they were there. It only takes a word of someone you love also to bring you down.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Larry, that's deep. You a guru by any chance? Well, anyway that's deep...good thought.

speakerman1

Tagline
Larry, that's deep. You a guru by any chance? Well, anyway that's deep...good thought.
No guru. Just a pedestrian walking through life. If one thought touches a person for good to up lift then it is a good thought. I try to not have very long cloudy periods of time. I try to figure the cause and work it out within myself. Doesn't mean you have to be a people pleasing person. Just be honest with yourself as with others.

speakerman1

Tagline
Come walk with me across the Mighty Mississippi. Go get some Southern Charm in Nu Orlens. I like Cajuns and Coon asses. My kind of people. Some nice southern Cities. I liked Mobile. A Drunks lifestyle was acceptable behavior. LOL Gambling was kept quiet. Front my friend some money. We would go 50/50 on pay off. Good week was 1000.00 bad week 75.00. Dude always kept me paid. Didn't want the well to dry up. Now did he. My garage is full. LOL It is a cave. This Is some very good jam.. Typing to the music .......LOLOL Gov't Mule – Trane

speakerman1

Tagline
Well strange thoughts. I have a thought how to measure anti-skate. So it is side pressure measured in grams. Could you sit a digital scale against the arm to measure the force. When you get to 0 your good to go.

Fairchild

Tagline
It's Beer Season!
I usually set the anti skate by ear.

If you float the tonearm at zero you will see if any antiskate is present as the tonearm will move one way or the other unless it is at zero.

Jim

Fairchild

Tagline
It's Beer Season!
I set my SME (counterweight type) by the above method since there is no numerical scale, set the counter weigth to nill then move the string to get to closest to riding the center of the groove, listening is a help, I go for the least backwards antiskate i can and still track well. Too much either way won't track well, and you can get out of balance for left and right channel.

Jim