AM Listening

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
We are having a good time listening to the Ramones. Hey if you aren't going to use that SSD. Let me know and how much. PLEASE LOL I still haven't built the full tower again. It may be just music. I have them saved just not bought. LOL I wanted this. Very nice tonearm imo. Very good price.http://www.ebay.com/itm/130756293769?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Going music diving see what I can find on spotify. Have a very pleasant Labor day.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
LOL stupid animal tricks. Forgot to co diving. Just put on some Talking Heads. Feeling like a Red Headed Step Child. LOL Weird Harold Popeye Smart Alec. LOL Not Behind. Just kicking back. LOL Oh Class Clown. I'm a little forgetful in my stone age prior life. Just thought about reincarnation. I have never seen in the Bible anything where it couldn't happen. Even as a History Book. Could be HUH? Kids and Dogs are good people detectives. Can't confuse them with BS. I think I'm turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese and I like it. LOL Talking to self works for this.Good therapy. Just putting random thoughts down. Try it you may like it. Just let me learn in peace. LOL Next stop is my location. LOLOLOLOL Hey there is a block on here if you want to block me you can. You have my permission. AHHHHHHHHHHH Do you understand my ramblings? I hope so because I don't. LOL I miss my job at times. It was over 30 years long. Some things in school. 1980 hours of class time. No failing of sections. 3 Written tests 35 hours of oral and practical. Jack of all trades king of none. LOL I think there were 43 sections of study. It was my life. LOL Take Me To The River just came on. Gotta go do a post. Just finished. Yea Yea I know I'm running them off. LOL Gotta go get the Dynaco. Time to clean it up. Cleaner came. Gotta love the Talking Heads some very good tunes. Think I'll get a TH DVD someday. When I grow up one day. If and when that happens I hope they are covering my face with dirt. Children are so cool to teach. You can see their eyes light up when they understand. One thing though you have to be correct in your teachings. No bias one way or another. That part they figure out on their own. Do not limit their thought process with BS. Make it so they want to learn. My youngest son at 3 learned how a seed works. From tomato to tomato. LOL I was picking on them. I asked does the refrigerator light go off when you close the door? They both gave me answer. I said prove it. I cleaned out the refig. My youngest got in and I shut the door. Opened it up. He looks at me and smiles and said yep. Taught my oldest how the fuel system on a car works. I showed him step by step. In one part of the year every morning I took them to school. We would look at the Morning star. I told him it is the planet Venus. I got called into school for a conference. LOL My oldest was saying every thing new he learned. She asked how he knew these things. She gave me the Venus answer. LOL I told her it is. She goes I know but how does he know. I LOL I taught him. LOL Raising my children going to school working taught me a lot about life. My Son's were taught manners and respect. Being from the South it is a very big deal. I treated my children with the respect that they deserved in that part of their lives. It was never a given. I earned their respect by respecting their thought process. They knew when they messed up. LOL I didn't have to say a word. I taught them there was nothing they couldn't do with the correct thought process. Trial and error is one. I would say don't touch that 3 times. The 4th time they learned. Hey he maybe be right. That teaches respect. I'm not joking when I say something. They understand he doesn't lie and there are repercussions for not listening. As a child I read I wanted to learn. I read every book in the encyclopedias we had. LOL Loved reading about other countries. It was like you were there. LOL Wow I forgot I wrote this. LOL You guys have a nice evening. LOL

Last edited:

speakerman1

Tagline
I am pretty upset. I can sit back and listen so long. Let me clarify how I feel. I AM AN AMERICAN. I don't belong to anyone or thing. In less than 2 months I will own an 870 with 3 inch high brass mag 00 buckshot. Don't make a mistake and wonder into the wrong house. If you think I owe you anything come and get it. I am just a tad bit upset. I don't owe this government squat. I owe this country my life. And I will fight for my country and the rights that I was afforded. Not by the govt. but by God. Take my home, my SS take it all but leave me alone.

speakerman1

Tagline
Haven't felt well in awhile. I haven't seen my Dr. in almost a year. My last psych med messed me up physically. It has been a long time since I have felt 100%. I have went thru withdraw at least 5 times this year with side effects, coming of my narcotics and script mess ups. My VA is not free. I pay a med copay. You don't want my copay a month. The VA system is what they are touting as the model for Obama care. I can't just make an appointment to see my dr. If I get sick in between times. I go to the ER. Which is an hour away. So I self prescribe. LOL If Obama had the cajoles to make pot legal. I would have a little more respect. I am thinking of going to medicare. I am pretty banged up at the moment.

speakerman1

Tagline
Well went to the Doc Friday. No milk for a month. I have dropped 30 lbs. And we discussed back surgery. I said no. She said it wouldn't be for a couple of years maybe. In the summer I try to be normal and use my back to do things. LOL One of my stupid human tricks. My next step up for pain is Percs. Now the milk issue. She asked what are you allergic to Penicillin? We said Pen. at the same time. When I was a child I wasn't allergic to it. As an adult it will mess me up. Well the dairies give the Pen. for Mastitis. It may take years before your body says it has had enough. I have stomach pain and diarrhea. Go figure. I quit beer so now I'm allergic to milk. LOL I don't know who all reads this. I have been thinking about people messing people over in dealings here. I can't say much about how to fix it. If you think I have messed you over in any way. Please PM me or whatever and let me know. I do not ever want to do that. Graham you are very much on my mind. I have to deal with it one way or another. I'm getting forgetful in my stone age. I pray I have treated everyone right in my dealings. Listening to Delaney and Bonnie "Home" The girl on The Zoo is their daughter. Have to go diving into my Oppo. Wonder what I could swap over on my Sony? It is 3D. It automatically goes to HD no matter what. All my TVs are 1080p. Oh getting burned by people in here. How do we stop it before one more person gets it. Stuwee wasn't the only person who has sort of tested the lines of friendship. I don't want to be a hypocrite on this. So Please tell me if you feel if I have. I try very hard not to do that. I'm not totally cured. Just put some Gov't Mule on "Life Before Insanity" I did not know Warren Haynes was part of this band. I think I bought a vinyl and a 2 CD with this and "Dose" together. Pretty good tunes. It is 5 am had to give the cats their breakfast. They get wet food now. My cat's were taught just like I taught my children. Not mean at all. If I swat their butts. They get their feelings hurt. LOL They may get it maybe once every year or two. LOL My cats have me very well trained. LOL My biggest question to them when they are doing something bad. They will look at me and I will ask. Have you lost your mind? LOL They are moving to get off what they are on or they stop doing what they are doing. I do not change my life for them. LOL They do not climb on my gear at all. LOL Very good tunes. Get the garage a little cleaner. I will leave the door open to the house and they can wonder around in here Some very good tunes. When I'm doing testing the headphones are on. There is a pair of cans I would love to have. The wooden Denons or is it Grados? Can't do 1000.00 for a pair. LOL My Grados do not make my ears sweat. You can't compare a set of cans to a set of open backs. A very different sound. I had about 10 pairs of 10.00 Sonys. I gave them away. Any friend who had a stereo got a pair. LOL They were very happy with them. The AKGs sounded good. I just sweat to much. Have gotten a lot of good tips on music in the What are you listening to thread. I like the music aspect of Audio more than the workings. May send Danny one of the Norman Labs to put in the anechoic and see what happens. I will pick a 10 inch that will rattle windows. Very high efficient woofer. Got the head bob going. LOL May see if I can sell some of my stuff at the music store. I would like a tube tester. I would buy used tubes.Can not afford that at all. LOL

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Larry: For new music, Canada's favourite House Band is coming out with a new album next month, "Now For Plan A." Geri and I went to an outdoor concert here in Squamish a few weekends back featuring The Tragically Hip on the Saturday night. Check out this song (At Transformation) from their web site.

http://www.thehip.com/

Nando.

Pure_Brew

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Coffee filters
I think I am enjoying life more now in my forties then any other time in my life. Youth IS wasted on the young, funny, but I think there is some truth to it. I'm stiffer in the joints but I feel less pain then I did when I got out of the USMC. I was glad to stop doing A/V installs, crawling around in attics really hurt the knees, cut myself all the time. I was doing more physically though, gained 20 lbs.

Im glad I have met you all here, it's been fun and a nice social outlet for me. Someone can always spoil it, but those people usually self implode, eventually. Hard for me to share to much, I hate getting burned, but the risk of missing out on things from paranoia is sad.

Im listening to Spoon " Gimme Fiction" on 180g LP. I like albums like this that rock without all the compressed "wall of sound". Well arranged, nice usage of subtle tones and effects. Nice recording.

Maybe I'll travel next year to meet some of you. I might be able to get some lobsters right off the boat. Good eats!

speakerman1

Tagline
I had a friend in Maine that did lobsters and sea urchins. Made more money on the sea urchins. LOL I was getting lobster for 1.00 a pound sending them to friends in FLA. Don't think any one will flame you in here. It would be short lived. Maine is a neat state. I think they finally made LSD illegal in the 90s. LOL It was an error it wasn't listed on the controlled substance list. LOL And good times were had by all.

PS We like you too buddy.

Elite-ist

Staff member
I have heard them before.pretty good music. I preordered the deluxe one. Thanks Nando. Keep the recommendations coming.
Larry: Even I didn't preorder, as I usuall wait until it appears at my local music outlet, London Drugs. I support the local businesses when I can, which means no mail-orders. I hope the rest of the Hip's album will be as good as that one track.

Just before The Tragically Hip came on stage, The Sheepdogs, another Canadian band rocked the grounds. They have a new album out, too. http://www.thesheepdogs.com/news Here's a couple of live clips taken with my hand-held camera at the "Live At Squamish" outdoor concert.

Click on images to play videos:

Nando.

speakerman1

Tagline
I have a Sheepdog CD somewhere. I like them too. The Mck Fleetwood The Zoo is a very good CD. There are no music stores here but Walmart. LOL So it is like peeing in the wind. You get that warm feeling all over. LOL

Elite-ist

Staff member
I think I am enjoying life more now in my forties then any other time in my life. Youth IS wasted on the young, funny, but I think there is some truth to it. I'm stiffer in the joints but I feel less pain then I did when I got out of the USMC. I was glad to stop doing A/V installs, crawling around in attics really hurt the knees, cut myself all the time. I was doing more physically though, gained 20 lbs.

Im glad I have met you all here, it's been fun and a nice social outlet for me. Someone can always spoil it, but those people usually self implode, eventually. Hard for me to share to much, I hate getting burned, but the risk of missing out on things from paranoia is sad.

Im listening to Spoon " Gimme Fiction" on 180g LP. I like albums like this that rock without all the compressed "wall of sound". Well arranged, nice usage of subtle tones and effects. Nice recording.

Maybe I'll travel next year to meet some of you. I might be able to get some lobsters right off the boat. Good eats!
Joe: You bring lobster, and I'll supply the fresh prawns.

I enjoy all the discussions we get into here at the forum. At times, a thread can diverge into a totally different topic, but we seem to get back on track. I think, perhaps a memory gets triggered we want to share, and we take the opportunity to post it before it's lost from our present thinking. I'm about as guilty of that as others. Although, I'm quite late in getting a few mix tapes out to yourself and Chris, I do intend to do them.

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
I have a Sheepdog CD somewhere. I like them too. The Mck Fleetwood The Zoo is a very good CD. There are no music stores here but Walmart. LOL So it is like peeing in the wind. You get that warm feeling all over. LOL
I have been trying to Canadianize you, Larry. That's why you have The Tragicallv Hip and the Sheepdogs CDs from awhile back as a thank you for all the excellent purchases I've made with you. I agree: The Zoo is my kind of music. Lee gave me a copy of "Shakin' The Cage."

Nando.