Pocket Watch Movement

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
That’s decent. Probably a 565 movement in there. I have one on my bench now, awaiting reassembly. For a Seamaster 300.

The auto winding is a little weird, but it’s a solid movement. Set the date by pulling the crown and pushing it back in? That’d confirm it.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Basically you match it to photos.

You get the exact year from the serial- you can email Omega and they’ll let you know about it (probably charge for it)

What parts do you need? It should go to a competent watchmaker for an overhaul. Omega has locked up their parts like Rolex did.

I didn’t make it into work today since the two hour starte swap took 12… it’s probably on my desk.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it

You get the exact year from the serial- you can email Omega and they’ll let you know about it (probably charge for it)

What parts do you need? It should go to a competent watchmaker for an overhaul. Omega has locked up their parts like Rolex did.

I didn’t make it into work today since the two hour starte swap took 12… it’s probably on my desk.

It needs a crystal, cleaning, a new band, polish

I cant get the back off so serial number is ????

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Serial is on the movement. Don’t try to take the back off without the right tool, or it’ll be damaged.

Post some pictures and I’ll try to help ID it.

George S.

You guys have inspired me to fix my Grandfather's 1962 gold Hamilton Automatic and my old Timex Atlantis 100. Both have Speidel bands. Need batteries for the Timex and a band pin for the Hamilton. The Hamilton fired right up after sitting for 10 years.
Jim, can you recommend me a good band pin please with a link.

Attachments

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it

omega.jpg

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Constellations have higher grade movements.

That’s a nice one.

Perry’s Geneve is well worth restoring as well. Crystal may polish out, but a replacement shouldn’t be difficult for a watchmaker with a parts account.

I get spring bars from eBay seller wholesaleoutlet990. They are decent quality and inexpensive. Just need the lug width, which I think is 18mm on both the constellation and the geneve.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it

Just located a reputable Jeweler here in town. I'm dropping the Omega off to see what can be done with it. Then I can trade it off for the Hamilton Railroad watch I been wanting. Ultimately the grandson will get it to go with the old Locomotive I built for him.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Just located a reputable Jeweler here in town. I'm dropping the Omega off to see what can be done with it. Then I can trade it off for the Hamilton Railroad watch I been wanting. Ultimately the grandson will get it to go with the old Locomotive I built for him.
And now you will be "Omega 007 Sniffer" as well as WOPL.