Pics of your Favorite Cassette Tapes

derek92994

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
Only reason I recognized the Revox was because of the pinch rollers and red LED light. I have never owned one, but they are certainly built well, something like 4 direct drive motors at a guess.

borchee

Journeyman
Derek, your guess is spot-on. Actually, Revox/Studer decks (B710, B215, H1, A710, A721) are the only dual-capstan decks with full direct drive - both capstans and both reels are driven by their individual motor. BTW, my first two replies to you are links. ;)

derek92994

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
Derek, your guess is spot-on. Actually, Revox/Studer decks (B710, B215, H1, A710, A721) are the only dual-capstan decks with full direct drive - both capstans and both reels are driven by their individual motor. BTW, my first two replies to you are links. ;)
Easily overlooked, I checked the threads out, interesting, thank you. On the subject of Pinch rollers, I am still using original ones in my BX-300's (3 of) and 670ZX. Wow and Flutter does not bother me as long as its 0.04% or less. In fact it would have to be as high as 0.1% for me to notice it during normal listening.