Phase liner PSU

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
Dang…
A 120v shock is bad enuff…. Whyna heck do you’s have 240 in your house???
Only 20% of all 200 countries use 120VAC 60 Hz. Only 40 countries use 60Hz, the other 160 countries use 50Hz.
The vast majority use 240VAC and some use 100VAC. Many people who travel are stunned to find none of their appliances will work in most counties outside the good ol' USA.

Floyd Loonie

New Around These Parts
Tagline
If it's to loud-You're too old!!
All I know about electicity is that it has kicked my ass accross the room more than once... But if these amps were used by Pink Floyd to tour in the 1970s, I went to 3 of those concerts- And those amps kicked my ass up in to the rafters where I sort of floated about + watched the rest of the show @ The Cow Palace in San Francisco, April 12,1975. WOW! Whota Great show!!! Things been ain't the same since that day!!

Tagline
Love great audio, beermaking and pyrotechnics
All I know about electicity is that it has kicked my ass accross the room more than once... But if these amps were used by Pink Floyd to tour in the 1970s, I went to 3 of those concerts- And those amps kicked my ass up in to the rafters where I sort of floated about + watched the rest of the show @ The Cow Palace in San Francisco, April 12,1975. WOW! Whota Great show!!! Things been ain't the same since that day!!
I always love me some Floyd! The Division Bell tour in Ames, Iowa Jack Trice Stadium was phenomenal. They had a huge Cat generator on a flatbed behind the stadium cranking away to power the show. Full stadium quad sound. The light tower that raised the mirror ball for "Shine on You Crazy Diamonds" was very intriguing. Three spools of tower sections that roll together like a zipper and erect a tower. We ended up doing some work later for the company that made it.

wattsabundant

Chief Journeyman
Same here.. i had a opportunity to buy a Crown amp they used in some kinna stadium this was a monster it was 480volt
About 20 years a friend bought a truckload (literally) of 10kw Crown amps. They only put out about 30 volts but would go down to about 0.5 ohm load. They came out of an MRI system. Input was 208, 3 phase. I used one as a variable frequency source and ran a 480:120 volt transformer backwards to get 120 volts. 32 output transistors in an H bridge configuration.

krellmk

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Are you satisfied with the life you're living
No 3 phase in any apartment in Brooklyn NY had a hard time getting rid of that Crown it was a monster. It was a Crown MA10K

Last edited: