what are you listening to?

speakerlabfan

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
The Derek Trucks Band - Already Free
(2009, Victor/Sony)

I picked up this one and the Tedeschi Trucks record used a few years back. This one sticks with me more than Revelator - more emphasis on the playing, Revelator seems dominated by Tedeschi's vocals but both records need more listens.

The Derek Trucks Band - Already Free
(2009, Victor/Sony)

\

I picked up this one and the Tedeschi Trucks record used a few years back. This one sticks with me more than Revelator - more emphasis on the playing, Revelator seems dominated by Tedeschi's vocals but both records need more listens.

speakerlabfan

Tagline
---
Grateful Dead - Wake Of The Flood
(1973, Grateful Dead Records) TLC 10-6-73 in the deadwax

6th studio album, 3 years since American Beauty had been released, and the first without Pigpen.

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
Yesterday I found a couple of to me, obscure ones. Walter Egan rang a faint bell and after playing, there are actually two tracks I renember hearing on the radio. I was not into soft rock in 1977 but listened both sides today and it's a really good album. Lindsay Buckingham produced and contributed as did Stevie Nicks and Mick Fleetwood.

IMG_3334.jpg

This week they've been promoting Boz Scaggs upcoming small local venue shows so his name was on my mind when I spotted this one. I've had Silk Degrees since release and only got it because I liked Lido Shuffle. Never heard of him before and paid no attention to anything after. This one is older (1971) and I was curious since Glyn Johns was co-producer. It's not what I was expecting, it's better. More visceral, less embellished.

Who knew Boz Scaggs was the vocalist and guitar player on two early Steve Miller albums? I didn't.

IMG_3337.jpg