WOPL 400 Build Problem!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
We haven't forgot ya...have you reversed the cables coming from the pre amp to make sure it's not the pre?? It might be a good idea to check for DC on the pre amp outputs.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Do you have a PL service manual? If you do read the part on " Current Sharing test". WE can root out a leaky output with that test, without a scope...

nadude98

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Do you have a PL service manual? If you do read the part on " Current Sharing test". WE can root out a leaky output with that test, without a scope...
Ok, I was reading it. I have a couple of load resistors but they are only 10 watt IIRC. Next I am supposed to drive the channel with 200 Hz input to achieve 40v rms. I don't have a signal generator. How should I go about doing that, and will my load resistors suffice?

I never mentioned this but there is a little bit of a turnoff or turnon thump? I think it's left channel. I will have to check that again. Never really paid attention because it had always had that.

Been distracting myself with a Pioneer A60 amp I'm restoring for the living room...

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
No, 10 watts won't get ya off the porch........I use to get my homebuilt 200 watters pretty hot during this test.....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Ok, I was reading it. I have a couple of load resistors but they are only 10 watt IIRC. Next I am supposed to drive the channel with 200 Hz input to achieve 40v rms. I don't have a signal generator. How should I go about doing that, and will my load resistors suffice?

I never mentioned this but there is a little bit of a turnoff or turnon thump? I think it's left channel. I will have to check that again. Never really paid attention because it had always had that.

Been distracting myself with a Pioneer A60 amp I'm restoring for the living room...
No pics on the A60 restore?????

Turn on/off thump was history with the Rev "C" board, you definitely have a problem......

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
As you can see now, you don't need much for test equipment until you have a problem......especially when it's frequency or power dependent.....