WOPL 400 Build Problem!

nadude98

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Check the 22 ohm resistors in location C35L/R and C39L/R and the 1 ohm resistors in location R36L/R
Also double checked on when the bias goes haywire and it as soon as there is an input. I.E. I was testing bias on left channel at 0 volume, everything connected with preamp off and as soon as I turned on the preamp the bias dropped to .001vdc then came up to about .010vdc and would just fluctuate between that and .020vdc with no volume

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Sounds like you still have a current hog for an output yet, but I'll defer to Sir Joe...

nadude98

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Sounds like you still have a current hog for an output yet, but I'll defer to Sir Joe...
Yes sir, at least now I feel like the problem is getting closer to resolution and that some more of this stuff is coming back to me as I'm forced to use some brain cells :banghead: I haven't used in quite a while.... maybe they didn't go up in smoke... :smokin: or at least not all of them. Thanks for your patience!
I'm not going to do anything until I hear from him!

I'll be away from the computer and the WOPL from tomorrow til Sunday evening, going to French Lick for my honeymoon and maybe some gambling..... oh and to see CCR aka Credence Clearwater Revisited...

:bootyshake:

nadude98

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Going to pay homage to Larry Bird??
LOL, nope. I can do that in Terre Haute. It's where his national fame began, Go Sycamores! We just saw CCR and did some gambling. Nice little town here.. Big resort! Heading back tomorrow morning and time to resume the WOPL 400 odyssey!

CCRevival was better than I thought they would be... Cosmo didn't make it he was sick so the only original was Stu... they have a pretty good lead guitar player... !

Last edited:

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Congrats on getting married man!

French Lick??? Reminds me of a place in KY called Big Bone Lick LMAO

nadude98

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Congrats on getting married man!

French Lick??? Reminds me of a place in KY called Big Bone Lick LMAO
LOL, Thanks man!

Well, back home again... Hopefully will be heading out to Phoenix next month for part II of the honeymoon.

What's next for the WOPL 400? The resistors all tested good.

Stuck in Terrible Haute......:la:

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
You should swing by and visit skynyrd77 (Jason). He's the tye dye king now on AK. I miss him being over here, not sure what's up with him not hanging here now

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
LOL, Thanks man!

Well, back home again... Hopefully will be heading out to Phoenix next month for part II of the honeymoon.

What's next for the WOPL 400? The resistors all tested good.

Stuck in Terrible Haute......:la:
Going to Phoenix next month myself.....

nadude98

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Going to Phoenix next month myself.....
Cool, cool... I try and get out there every couple of years. I retired (disabled) after 20 years in the USPS there. Still have a lot of friends out there! March is spring training time!!! Always a good time :happy3: Hope to move back in a few years. I have a friend that is trying to open up a dispensary and wants me to help manage it. :toothy5: Married, going to Phx, got my Black Sabbath tix... now if I get this WOPL squared away life will be Purrfect!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I've been going down for 2 weeks every winter. Our daughter and 2 grandkids are there. Nice place to visit in the middle of winter.

All resistors on the backplane are in spec?