Anything But Regular Joe (Black) Vinyl..

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Amazing !

I have just "tamed" my 440. Bought some resistors, plugs and made them up. Using a Y adapter, phono source plugs into one, the resistor plugs into the other then into the phono stage. I have gone from 47k to 24k load and wow what a difference. The brightness isn't breaking windows (or my ears) anymore, I can also listen a much higher volumes because of that. Happy days =). I was constantly turning the treble down but when reaching around 8 oclock on the dial it was affecting overall sound quality, now I can listen flat the majority of the time, the bass is also tighter (or more noticeable) than before.

I'll make a thread called "Changing cartridge loading" and post more info in there.

Nick Danger

Happy Soundtrack Sunday.

Roque Banos~ Evil Dead OST(Unseen Forces/ 2013). Score to the remake of the 80's cult classic. The new version of this movie was a bit more sinister in feel than the original and the new soundtrack mimic's the remake's darker tone. Beautiful, transparent red wax with green splatter, albeit a bit noisy in the quieter passages. The music is excellent and I am now on the prowl for this on black vinyl.

http://www.discogs.com/Roque-Baños-Evil-Dead-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/release/5227347

BubbaH

Tagline
---
The Sword - High Country

First one is translucent orange with red splatter,

And the second is blue on blue splatter.

Picture doesnt do the blue on blue justice.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Ben, how is the album compared to say Age of Winters or Gods of the Earth? I liked their earlier sound for the floor crushing riffs

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Nothing like that Ron. This album is quite a departure from their earlier work. Apocryphon and Warp Riders were also quite heavy, Warp Riders being my favorite of theirs. This album kept some of the fuzzy sound, but in more of a 70's stoner style. That said I find it a great album, and a welcomed change imo.

Dazen1

Cool cover.

I can't recall the soundtrack to RoboCop at all. Must watch this movie again sometime!

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Here's some better shots I had taken with my camera of The Sword blue on blue splatter vinyl.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
I spend waaaay too much time online, Lee. Between audio forums like this one, social media and Discogs, I am always coming across music that seems interesting.
I was told that I had eclectic taste in music...

...I hand that crown over to you!

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Last edited: