Przem's Phase Linear 700 Series II White Oak Conversion

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Well, that's really the only place I can shoehorn in the IEC socket. Surely you have another source for the fan??

P.L.F.

Journeyman
Tagline
I love BIG amplifiers!
Lee, I forgot to say that I have PL 700 fan kit to plug into the 110V AC socket on the back.... Too late?
Lee, if you started drilling, could we swap the AUX 110VAC socket below, somewhere next to the AC fuse holder? Or indeed put the IEC socket aside next to transformer? Sorry for late reaction...

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
OK, is the aux socket 240 or 120?? If it's 240 in that's usually what the aux socket is too unless you run a ground and one leg of the 240 and that's not how this one was wired...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
It appears it has an additional winding on the transformer, or a dual primary where you could tap 120. Did you have 120 at the aux socket?

P.L.F.

Journeyman
Tagline
I love BIG amplifiers!
OK, is the aux socket 240 or 120?? If it's 240 in that's usually what the aux socket is too unless you run a ground and one leg of the 240 and that's not how this one was wired...
European version, at least mine, was wired to give 120V in the AUX AC socket. I checked that with a multimeter in the gear you have and in another PL 700 II I have at home. It's in line with user manual, meaning that the PL fan kit was 110-120V -- see the screenshot encl.

But of course, God knows who did what before, even if in the gears I have these sockets were 120VAC...

Attachments

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I see an additional wire in the windings, so yeah it looks like 120 is possible. I'll have to wire nut some things and plug it in and check it out...

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Lee, if you started drilling, could we swap the AUX 110VAC socket below, somewhere next to the AC fuse holder? Or indeed put the IEC socket aside next to transformer? Sorry for late reaction...
Looks like a painted chassis...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Przem, We can change the type of plug used on the fan and come out the OLD AC mains in hole....I'll send the male part of the connector we use so you can convert the fan cord....OK?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Going to Timdalf's for dinner , drinkls and fire works....later, I'll be on my phone though..