700b!!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Good. Kinda like me and a 3300.... this 3600 I can probably do in a day, and if I have some walk away from the 700 time I'll get er done.

Skynyrd77

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
lost in my own world
I'm pretty stoked Lee. At least I won't have to run Y adapters off the back of the CT24. The C1 has seperate outputs for multiple amps. Frank says he can do these in his sleep and turnaround will be less then a week. I can honestly say that the CT24 is pretty damn quiet, I never hear a hiss or anything but with only a single set of outputs, it's time for the C1 to get in the game
Hell yeah!! That will be quick! And you will be rocking restored lol

Tagline
---
Awesome Jason!!!! I am sending the Carver C1 out today for Frank Hawk to work his magic. Complete recap and BillD mod. Going to cost me some records but that's a small price to pay for a World Class preamp when done. Then my CT24 can finally be traded/sold to someone looking for a preamp and tuner combined. It's actually an excellent unit, the tuner is just a bonus perk if someone still listens to the radio
Hey North, I'm interested as I have one C-1 and C-4000 too that may benefit from Mr. Hawk's magic. How may I contact him?

Thanks!

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Hey North, I'm interested as I have one C-1 and C-4000 too that may benefit from Mr. Hawk's magic. How may I contact him?

Thanks!
Are you a member of Audiokarma? You can PM him there, his username is fhawk618. I know he does it cheap for AK members

Skynyrd77

Tagline
lost in my own world
Did you check your rail fuses?
Just did. 1 was loose in holder . None blown. I checked the speaker outputs with my meter before I hooked up my little speaks. I got 9.5mv on the pos to pos and 0 on the neg to neg. does that sound right or is my meter set wrong? I'm really a newbie at this shit!!

Attachments

Skynyrd77

Tagline
lost in my own world
Alright I'm getting ready to hook this bitch up to main system . Do I want to crank the pl volume all the way up like on yours lee or what. I'll be using the 939 as the pre??

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
You have no DC Protect, 40 year old outputs and a topology that CAN and PROBABLY WILL latch up to the negative rail eventually. YOU ARE NOT MESSING WITH SOMETHING THAT WAS PUT TOGETHER TO HAMMER ON ALL DAY LONG LIKE THE LAST 700 THAT WAS AT YOUR PLACE!!! Jase take it easy, keep it cool with a fan and run er gently until it proves it's not gonna cough up and eat your new speaks, in fact I'd keep it off the modded CV's....be careful Bud.

Northwinds

Tagline
You have no DC Protect, 40 year old outputs and a topology that CAN and PROBABLY WILL latch up to the negative rail eventually. YOU ARE NOT MESSING WITH SOMETHING THAT WAS PUT TOGETHER TO HAMMER ON ALL DAY LONG LIKE THE LAST 700 THAT WAS AT YOUR PLACE!!! Jase take it easy, keep it cool with a fan and run er gently until it proves it's not gonna cough up and eat your new speaks, in fact I'd keep it off the modded CV's....be careful Bud.
This!!!!!

Northwinds

Tagline
Just take it easy Jason, I would not recommend full throttle at all until you get it WOPL'd