wopl thoughts

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
We had a thriving trailer home/RV manufacturing industry in the area for several years and you would not believe how many treehouses have travel trailer windows and also survived the winter storm.

You can repair that wall easily I'd bet but drywall has become so expensive I gather that most landlords I know use plywood panels (the classic ones with the woodgrain paper and grooves)...you can't get away from it, even if you are a good renter and live there long term and would love something NICE in your old house.

God I would love real walls after nearly 11 years. If I'm going to die in this place someday, at the least.

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
square body cause I dint want a plastic 4x4
We had a thriving trailer home/RV manufacturing industry in the area for several years and you would not believe how many treehouses have travel trailer windows and also survived the winter storm.

You can repair that wall easily I'd bet but drywall has become so expensive I gather that most landlords I know use plywood panels (the classic ones with the woodgrain paper and grooves)...you can't get away from it, even if you are a good renter and live there long term and would love something NICE in your old house.

God I would love real walls after nearly 11 years. If I'm going to die in this place someday, at the least.
celing is drywall and walls are extreamly thin wood the wall has acses panle for water pipes for the shower but that nut the wall am conserned about the hot water heater is in a outside closer that protruds into my room and on the other side of that is the light in the bathroom so to me I think the closet with the hot water heater need the renforcement

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
You should have joists you can attach boards to (on the top, not the bottom and use to frame the fixture. Don't ever use that flimsy ceiling board as an anchor.

Is it actual drywall or that porous paneling stuff like in an office or schoolroom ceiling? Whatever it is always anchor to the framing.

By any chance did that fixture have a FAN? That was probably the problem, not your music.

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
square body cause I dint want a plastic 4x4
no fan just the light I got my step-dad to mount it back up in a slightly different spot I hope it dose not happen again I think between the monster system and temperature swing from shower mix with at least 30 year old drywall all adds up to bad things but only time will tell