Will's and Power of Attorney's

MarkWComer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Yes, thanks for the reminder, I need to get that done. I have an insurance policy but no will made out yet.

As for the disposal of my corpse, it will go to the Medical University of South Carolina for dissection by medical students. They have the option to refuse it if it’s too badly mangled, but the insurance policy should cover cremation. MUSC requires that all internal organs remain intact for whole body donations, the exception is for corneas.

I envision my toe tag with “don’t let this happen to you” written on it...

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Send them out with an old un-WOPLed one (I know those are really hard to find now).

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
This is a good thread Perry. I hate your friend passed brother.
Well bro, we all gotta go. Just hate to see anybody have to go through all the crap when it's easy to take action on. Just watched another friend who's mother was sick. They gave her like 2 years to live and instead of gifting her children money (the gubment lets you gift A LOT to your kids with no taxes), she decided to let the kids worry about taking care of her estate. Well, she died and the Gubment took several hundred thousand dollars in taxes out of the money that the kids INHERITED.... What a fucking waste. Uncle sam don't care about nobody but uncle sam so why would you cut him in on the windfall??? Fuck him, he gets enough out of us. Let him print some more. They got me for close to $100K when dad died. I blew the rest on beer, harleys and hotrods. That $100K would have bought me a lot more hangovers and hot cars... I had them withhold a shitload of taxes from the insurance policies and stuff but when the years end came, i was kicked up into Trumps tax bracket and had to use my last 60G's to pay my taxes. Some dick head changed the tax laws so we couldn't Income Average anymore.... Outside of investing it or doing an IRA or some other lame shit, which just postpones the inevitable.... The Gubment is going to get their piece of YOUR pie. If yer getting short on time, and can make ends meet, start giving your cash to your kids. Or at least, get a safe deposit box, fill it with gold and cash and weed, and give your kid the extra key. If yer sitting on a big fat bank account, you don't need it all anyway. The kids do though. Or, you can commission me to build you 50 WOPL'S or so... When the in laws come to clean your shit out, they will skip the "Old Crap Stereo's (because they don't know squat), take your cars and furniture, and think they got some good shit. Then, I'll swoop in and snag your Old ass PL's and clean up at the swap meet. o_O

Long Live the King

Last edited:

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
Well bro, we all gotta go. Just hate to see anybody have to go through all the crap when it's easy to take action on. Just watched another friend who's mother was sick. They gave her like 2 years to live and instead of gifting her children money (the gubment lets you gift A LOT to your kids with no taxes), she decided to let the kids worry about taking care of her estate. Well, she died and the Gubment took several hundred thousand dollars in taxes out of the money that the kids INHERITED.... What a fucking waste. Uncle sam don't care about nobody but uncle sam so why would you cut him in on the windfall??? Fuck him, he gets enough out of us. Let him print some more. They got me for close to $100K when dad died. I blew the rest on beer, harleys and hotrods. That $100K would have bought me a lot more hangovers and hot cars... I had them withhold a shitload of taxes from the insurance policies and stuff but when the years end came, i was kicked up into Trumps tax bracket and had to use my last 60G's to pay my taxes. Some dick head changed the tax laws so we couldn't Income Average anymore.... Outside of investing it or doing an IRA or some other lame shit, which just postpones the inevitable.... The Gubment is going to get their piece of YOUR pie. If yer getting short on time, and can make ends meet, start giving your cash to your kids. Or at least, get a safe deposit box, fill it with gold and cash and weed, and give your kid the extra key. If yer sitting on a big fat bank account, you don't need it all anyway. The kids do though. Or, you can commission me to build you 50 WOPL'S or so... When the in laws come to clean your shit out, they will skip the "Old Crap Stereo's (because they don't know squat), take your cars and furniture, and think they got some good shit. Then, I'll swoop in and snag your Old ass PL's and clean up at the swap meet. o_O

Long Live the King
Inspired rant. Couldn't agree more. Set up a testamentary trust about 15 years ago.

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
The Probate court may want to appoint you as executor if you are willing to take on the job. It pays 9% of the estate's value to you. keep records of your time spent now if you want to offer your services. The court will only appoint someone who keeps good records.

I have lots of stereo stuff, and I have told my family what to do with it should I die. Two different people can be trusted to sell it all without the need to babysit the process.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
The Probate court may want to appoint you as executor if you are willing to take on the job. It pays 9% of the estate's value to you. keep records of your time spent now if you want to offer your services. The court will only appoint someone who keeps good records.

I have lots of stereo stuff, and I have told my family what to do with it should I die. Two different people can be trusted to sell it all without the need to babysit the process.

Where there is money involved, you'll NOT get 2 people to agree on shit. They all talk the same before a loved ones death but the'll throw a wrench into the works because somebody got a dollar more than they did and keep shit tied up in court for years. Don't trust just anybody and don't leave two people in charge of decisions.