Where to find info on Dahlquist DQ-10 mods...

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
I think the 1.x will leave you wanting.

Big amps are a given- need headroom. And the bass from the 2.2 is accurate with enough headroom. Clean clear and articulate. The percussive attack and full tonality are preserved. Not just “low” and “lots” which sounds flabby and fake.

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
Amp has a lot to do with that tight fast bass too Bob...you know that though...K's do pretty tight bass....nothing flabby about it.
I think the 1.x will leave you wanting.

Big amps are a given- need headroom. And the bass from the 2.2 is accurate with enough headroom. Clean clear and articulate. The percussive attack and full tonality are preserved. Not just “low” and “lots” which sounds flabby and fake.
Indeed, which is one reason this Exposure amp/LSA combo seems to work - it's got a pretty sized transfo in it if weight is any indication - but I'm considering going back to separates if I do upgrade speakers. Not sure the Exposure's 75 watts/side has enough oomph for the speakers I'm considering unless I go the monitor route again, only with sealed cabs like the smaller Spendors and Harbeths.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Any opportunity yet to see how they sound compared to the stock DQ-10s?
I'm using one of each at the moment. Testing the one that has a fuse holder that works. Haven't gotten to sit down and listen. I'll post more as things progress. Grilles are disassembled, cleaned and ready for paint/repair of one front unit. Small steps

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
I'm using one of each at the moment. Testing the one that has a fuse holder that works. Haven't gotten to sit down and listen. I'll post more as things progress. Grilles are disassembled, cleaned and ready for paint/repair of one front unit. Small steps
Thanks. Trying to keep the subject matter close... :D And, I'm still intrigued even if my room is probably too small.

mr_rye89

Tagline
Lost in the Ozone Again
I’m in a small weird room with the DQ-10s, 12-13’ long but like 25 wide. Somebody deleted a bedroom and took the bar out of the kitchen. They’re 3-4 feet off the wall but there’s stuff behind em (console TV, stereo rack)

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
I’m in a small weird room with the DQ-10s, 12-13’ long but like 25 wide. Somebody deleted a bedroom and took the bar out of the kitchen. They’re 3-4 feet off the wall but there’s stuff behind em (console TV, stereo rack)
Yeah, I wouldn't have 3-4 feet. 1 foot from the back wall or record shelves maybe. And that's if I got rid of some furniture.

Then I need to get on the stick and get my Speaker Restoration Salon up and running. This is the third bedroom about 10'9" by 11' and see how they sound up there.
Awaiting your thoughts...