What's your favorite Rush album?

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
And why do you like it so much? Which one would have to be pried from your cold dead hands? And even then you might not relenquesh your death grip?

Discuss.....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
2112. No explanation needed. landmark album. came out the same time I was reading a lot of Asimov, can't separate em now.

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
Only one I own is the first Rush, without Neal Pert. You could pry it out of my hands since it is the Pink version, not the collectable orange. 'Working Man" was a substantial hit in Cleveland, station WMMS broke Rush in the US.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Hmmmmm

Hmmmmm

HMMMMMMMMM (smoke coming out of ears, thinking so hard.. )

As a old fanatical Rush fan meself, I have to say ... any and all of MOST of them. Each album has it's distinct feel and generates a unique emotion/reaction. From the long 2112, through other tunes such as Cygnus X-1, Jacob's Ladder, The Camera Eye.. (ah, could go on and on)... all are fantastic examples of the sheer range of musicality.

But... what I don't like... is right around I'd say Vapor Trails, maybe earlier or so, their engineering went to crap. All compressed.. sometimes even overdriven.. Even if the songs and lyrics are fairly decent, what prevents me from warming up to them is the quality of the sound.

But again... from the new one I heard last night from their next up and coming album, perhaps they may have listened to that common complaint. It did not sound half bad, quality wise.

And I swear I will see 'em live again before I die.. heheh

(aaahh.. there comes that serious JAM FROM HELL on Cygnus X-1.. excuse me for a few.. heheh)

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Rex Everything said:
I'm always the odd man out on this one. I love all the earlyRush and could not make it with out most of it but if I had to choose....

Grace Under Pressure
That's definitely up there with me too. Yep, that was a tough era.. Rambo.. Red Dawn.. Looking Glass... and those few false alarms that made the news, where ya'd think to yourself what if someone didn't do "quite" the right thing? We'd all be toast.. literally...

Afterimage.. yeah (damn).. that has it's own memory for me... :cyclops:

That was also my 1st Rush concert. Yeeeah... passing out at the concession stand with one of my buds going "get up get up .. come on man.. cops are going to come haul ya out.. ". Woohoo! :thumbright:

stuwee

jbeckva said:
That was also my 1st Rush concert. Yeeeah... passing out at the concession stand with one of my buds going "get up get up .. come on man.. cops are going to come haul ya out.. ". Woohoo! :thumbright:
Hehe, same thing happened to me, I don't even remember which tour it was, they still used the 2112 backdrop, but it was?? Crap....dunno, I remember going for a big Coke to dump some rum from my flask into, Peart went into a fantastic drum busting jam and Bam!! my eyes rolled back in a major head rush, no buds around me tho, just strangers.

They helped me up....."You liked that part eh??".....I was :D help me get a soda please.....Hehe :thumbright: Didn't know I'd busted my head open till the next morning :laughing8: :iconbiggrin: :laughing8:

stuwee

My fav, gun to my head......A Farewell to Kings....damn nice work from all three of them, From the awesome side 1----all the way till Cygnus X-1 blows yer mind out :mrgreen:

I had my system in the basement right under the kitchen, I'd rattle supper off the stove with Cygnus, Mom would throw big pots down the stairs to get my attention (no text messaging back then :cyclops: ). That little Sanyo could rock my Genesis green foams big time.....so AFTK it is for me :D

stuwee

laatsch55 said:
Wasn't Heart out of Vancouver?????
Ann and Nancy, grew up in Seattle, they recorded in Vancouver becasuse that's where the finest Studio's in the world are, well a couple really, really great ones anyway.

Uber cool Rex, you know I love those, loved my K-SHE back in the day!

Nando, foul language is a sin, shame, shame, shame :lol: :lol: F'n haliarious tho eh?

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
The Trailer Park Boys may have quite a distinct east coast dialect, but they all have hearts of gold. They certainly have a pass to get them through the penthouse doors. Lee has to earn 26 more credits before he gets through the card-lock.

Nando.

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
Wow..... Rush !!! I gotta say .... FLY BY NIGHT !! That was the first time I heard a real good stereo. I was in the 7th grade and my uncle had a real big MAC. receiver and the biggest WSC speakers made. That was also the first time I smoked weed !!!! lol... He played me a bunch of stuff and I told him to play that song again that the women was singing..... It was Fly by night ! Never forget that. 2112 and Caress of steel were great to !!!!! I watched a two hour documentary on them the other day !!!! UNREAL BAND !!!!!