What We've All Been Waiting For--700 BP boards!!!!!!!!!

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
When Q6 fails open then Q5 bites the dust followed quickly by one of the 1304,05 pairs?? and D9,D10?
If the fuses, output drivers and emitter resistors don't go first Lee. It is basically a race to disaster. I am pretty sure that Q7 will be one of the victims as our recent FMEA testing has proven.

RainDog911

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Exceptional taste in terrible music
Also, the kit looks awesome and great work by the both of you. Do the transformer pins get soldered in or will there be PC board pin sockets?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Transformer pins?? RD, I didn't get in till 3:00am this morning, then had to be up at 9. Kinda tired tonight, may not get much done...don't know what's up with Senor Joe...

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Also, the kit looks awesome and great work by the both of you. Do the transformer pins get soldered in or will there be PC board pin sockets?
Transistor pins get soldered in. Replaces the unreliable, low cost sockets that are in all PL amplifiers.

RainDog911

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Exceptional taste in terrible music
Yes, transistor pins not transformer pins. I've had a long day too...not nearly as long as yours though Lee.

Just very interested in your progress. I totally understand how the real world can impede doing great things.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Control Board main wiring in, now on to the bias connections.

Here are a couple of shots of the control board laid in on top of the backplane boards.

PL700B 007.jpg
PL700B 010.jpg
PL700B 004.jpg
PL700B 002.jpg

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
That is some beautiful work Joe. I don't let some of our EE's use hand tools on my projects other than screw drivers since they have a hard time using them properly but I'd let you use whenever you wanted! Nice job and it is looking very professional - not unexpected. Can't wait to "hear" the results.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
You're a long way from Ma there Nav. I don't think Joe plays his stuff that loud though. I however will let you know when to walk outside...

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Bring up quite normal...

The bottom row of pre-drivers is installed only (2 - MJ21196, 2 - MJ21195). Power up is normal. Offset is at -12mV on each channel. Bias adjustment is low. I can only achieve 0.170V on each channel at max adjustment.

Clearly need to check out the situation there but all looks pretty normal.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
The bottom row of pre-drivers is installed only (2 - MJ21196, 2 - MJ21195). Power up is normal. Offset is at -12mV on each channel. Bias adjustment is low. I can only achieve 0.170V on each channel at max adjustment.

Clearly need to check out the situation there but all looks pretty normal.
Also noticed that my supply of MJ21196 devices is limited, plenty of MJ21195s. Will have to blame the stock boy on that one!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Mouser ups the shipping to second day air on orders over 300.00. I buy em 100 at a time, the only break ya really get is 100 plus.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
That is some beautiful work Joe. I don't let some of our EE's use hand tools on my projects other than screw drivers since they have a hard time using them properly but I'd let you use whenever you wanted! Nice job and it is looking very professional - not unexpected. Can't wait to "hear" the results.

Here ya go Nav....

Attachments