what are you listening to?

62vauxhall

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
CCR....The Concert.....A reissue from 1980 on Fantasy Records, Berkeley CA. They did a good job, sounds excellent.
I have a copy of that on vinyl. Bought it brand new when the jacket had "at Albert Hall" printed on it. Never did open it - still sealed. Consequently, I've never heard that recording before.

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
Velvet Underground on the new DAC. Been hopping across some tunes I'm familiar with and my initial impression is that it's pretty transparent but a little light in the bass. Still trying to compare files (I have several different digital copies of Hotel California from Hell Freezes Over, for example, plus my HQ vinyl copy) and there is some variation between them, plus the vinyl is now played on the new Pyxi preamp, which has a better bass response so there's that.

But it plays with the new Mac OS so it's already better than the Tascam.

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
A gift from some new friends. Absolutely amazing concert last night, one of my top three from 20 years of presenting these shows. Up there with Dave Mason and Rosanne Cash. If string music/bluegrass/Americana at all appeals to you, this group is not to be overlooked: https://krugerbrothers.com/

IMG_3677.jpg

The marriage of a classical string quartet and a bluegrass trio does not, on its face, make sense. But with songwriting this good and playing this lyrical, it's really something special. Roan Mountain Suite remains my favorite recording of theirs but this is quite good in its own right. And they are some of the nicest people I've met in this business.

Vintage 700b

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Fabricator
A gift from some new friends. Absolutely amazing concert last night, one of my top three from 20 years of presenting these shows. Up there with Dave Mason and Rosanne Cash. If string music/bluegrass/Americana at all appeals to you, this group is not to be overlooked: https://krugerbrothers.com/

View attachment 80713

The marriage of a classical string quartet and a bluegrass trio does not, on its face, make sense. But with songwriting this good and playing this lyrical, it's really something special. Roan Mountain Suite remains my favorite recording of theirs but this is quite good in its own right. And they are some of the nicest people I've met in this business.
They are a very talented group, that had to be a wonderful concert Bob.
Bluegrass music is a true American genre, superb storytellers.