what are you listening to?

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
i am listening to the same....nothing...
ordered 3m glue for the rear view mirror....the dash cam assembly has weighted it down twice....
so i got the good stuff...
and changed the battery in the pke system....another diy project...
you dont want that battery to go dead....
so will the truck....it thinks it is being stolen...
lolol

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
OMD - Bauhaus Staircase - October 2023 Release

Just ordered the vinyl and CD. It is also available in cassette. I listened to snippets of the album on Spotify Premium, today.

Track 2 of the album:

Nando.
OMD was an unusual band, their fourth album really SUCKED OUT LOUD, but changed a bit afterward. I have their first four LPs and a few 12” remixes. I saw them live in DC- two guys on stage, a big reel deck, a “toaster” Macintosh on a table. One guy would load floppies into the Mac while the other sang. I suppose they were highly MIDI oriented.

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I will not be missed! :p
Discogs also shows an entry for open reel tape. The only other “full album” cover that I know of is Camper Van Beethoven’s cover of Fleetwood Mac’s “Tusk.”
the whole "Let It Be" album covered by Laibach comes to mind as well... and it's definitely a weird album, being by Laibach, with crazy music arrangements and that impossible to forget lead voice timbre!
I'd say you have to give it a try. ;)

https://www.discogs.com/it/master/13458-Laibach-Let-It-Be

George S.

Yeah, but it's weird. How's it make any money? Lots of great old top 40 tunes, Joe Cocker, Beatles, Carpenters, Heart, etc. Very little DJ interruptions, in Spanish. Can't say I've ever heard a sales ad. Granted I don't understand the DJ, because of the language, but how do they make $ to operate?
Locally in Ohio, IHeartRadio has taken over so many stations and it's too damn commercialized.

gene french

Tagline
Yeah, but it's weird. How's it make any money? Lots of great old top 40 tunes, Joe Cocker, Beatles, Carpenters, Heart, etc. Very little DJ interruptions, in Spanish. Can't say I've ever heard a sales ad. Granted I don't understand the DJ, because of the language, but how do they make $ to operate?
Locally in Ohio, IHeartRadio has taken over so many stations and it's too damn commercialized.
there are ads .... but few and far between...you ask a question i have often asked myself...i first came here in 05...and have been a radiodos fan since discovery...they often play uninterrupted music for lengthy periods...they must have a money tree in the back lot...

gene french

Tagline
they do have english djs...they appear to be older expatriots...they often play remotely from tamarindo..an extremely popular surf/beach community....tons of tourists...over 2 000 000 tourists visit annually...airtravel...dont know how many visit by cruise ship or cross the land border...
but i do understand why it is a popular place to vacation...the people are very good to me here...