what are you listening to?

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
I can assure you, I'll be too busy to see any of the ballet, so I'm safe from contamination. Generally speaking, I skip all dance as well, though I will say Diavolo was really cool. Very theatrical. Just because I promote it doesn't mean I watch it. But I couldn't pass on supporting 40 dancers who are still refugees for a week. And I do appreciate the athleticism.

And I'm happy to skip right by hip-hop any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
Love the Secret Sisters.

I had them open my season 10 years ago. Their dad's bluegrass band is no slouch, either. I was gonna do a double bill with his band and the Secrets before I got shut down. They still live down in Muscle Shoals. Dad is the GE nuclear rep for Browns Ferry NP, so we had lots to talk about the night they did appear at UTC.

Fun times!
they have an interesting history....rags to riches to rags...etc

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
they have an interesting history....rags to riches to rags...etc
I'm pretty sure their agency at the time - Irving Azoff's mighty CAA - got most of the riches. They were mismanaged from the beginning. I would know as I led the block that booked them as headliners for a series of venues in Tennessee after several years of doing third-line gigs at festivals; CAA wanted none of them being headliners when they were ready for it.

Their dad (who is/was GE's rep for Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant and who fronts a damn fine new-grass band out of Muscle Shoals) had a long conversation with me after their show about CAA's shenanigans.

Last edited: