what are you listening to?

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
Midnight hour….8/18….Happy Birthday Nav!

To add to the confused sense of humor tonite I will toast you with the most inane album title possible…..

Joe Walsh

The Smoker You Drink the Player You Get View attachment 52972 that and a bowl of Afternoon Delight #7….
One of my favorites - nice choice. I'm sure that #7 is also a good choice too! o_O Thanks Laz.

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
I see you have your JBL's up on stands, notice much difference in the sound by doing that?
Not really stands, just Douglas Fir 4x4s bolted together with lag screws into somewhat of a square shape to raise them up a little. I have a fleet of Roomba Robot Vacuum Cleaners. Didn't want them bashing and rubbing the speakers. Used the same 4x4s for legs under the Dayton Audio subs and had enough left over to raise the JBLs a little.
Biggest improvement on the JBLs after they were refoamed was adding thin foam weatherstripping between the basket rim and cabinet. Getting them air tight made a huge improvement. The prior owner refoamed them, but didn't pay attention to the sealing. They were a local Craigslist buy.