what are you listening to?

MarkWComer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Back to some friendly faces here Mark....should do ya some good! Good to hear you’re still kicking.
Working on a LOT of things I put on the back burners, restoring a trio of windup antique phonos, buying props for videos, fixing the toilet that’s about to fall through the floor, etc. I’m at the point of laughing at my behavior for the last year, and the biggest sign of recovery is that I’ve had my nose in Discogs again.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Just listening to the royal tea album that came today. I'm playing the CD. The two Lp's are in the book sleeves so dang tight, I'm not messing with them for now.
The CD seems like it's mixed bass heavy & has me reaching for the tone knob that I don't have.
I also noticed that the flashy guitar solo's are missing. ( We saw the RT show on PBS I think). Not unusual for a studio album I guess.
There are a few foot tappers in this Royal Tea Gig. But still seems quite tame compared to the same songs live on the TV show so far.

I think I'll order Black Country Communion next & try that. DSC_0029 (Medium).JPG

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
I agree with everything you said! Would not say one of his best. Seemed to dwell more on his vocal than guitar. Missed his usual quality studio musicians. Not great production for a studio album...not his usual on the money performance!

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
Got a Bob Seger mix playing on the Astell & Kern. Been listening deep trying to get a feel for reverb and echo techniques the Swampers used in his recordings at Muscle Shoals Sound. Friend with a band was asking about how to deal with a vocalist who wants LOTS of reverb in the recordings while everything else is left dry. Trying to find a way to get them to meet in the middle.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Had to give Joe another listen ....much better

View attachment 48696
How did you remove the records? They are so tight I'm concerned about damaging them just by removing. I know of several AK posters who claim the heavy paper/ card stock type sleeves cause damage & they always slit the sides to remove record & place in nice vinyl sleeve. I'm not cutting up this fancy Joe Bo 'Album'

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
He does pack em tight...this one was ok but I have had trouble with a couple other doubles. Patience pays my friend....worth it for his other albums.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I agree with everything you said! Would not say one of his best. Seemed to dwell more on his vocal than guitar. Missed his usual quality studio musicians. Not great production for a studio album...not his usual on the money performance!
Of course it's my first Bonamassa !! The same songs that were SMOKIN live , sound like AM radio pop tunes on the studio recordings.
But I still have the two records to try.

And he's just warming up for Gary Moore anyhow......................

pennysdad

Tagline
I've totally lost the plot....
Here's one for all you Beatles fans out there. It's OK. You can come out.
This is recorded a tad low so you may have to turn it up a bit.
Just click the link and let it play in the background. [hopefully you're connected to a bit of a sound system.]