what are you listening to?

MarkWComer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Finished the knobs on the Grafonola. One of the originals was broken, but I have a friend with a lathe. These are poplar, very hard wood that didn’t want to stain. I had to use wood dye instead. They could probably be a bit darker. View attachment 49940
Oops- I meant to post this into “going retro to the extreme.”

How do I move this? Delete and repost?

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast

MarkWComer

Tagline
Handsome Dual turntable you have there Mark. Great combination of looks and performance
The tracking on the Pioneer linear tracker isn’t tracking, but the backup is just as sweet! Ortofon Super OM30, btw... need to examine the CdS “eye” on the Pioneer, I’m sure it’s an easy fix, maybe a dead bug got inside...

Yeah, I love this Dual...

MarkWComer

Tagline
Well, my assessment of this pre is that it’s stellar...
Sounds great! Playing with the holography feature, some sounds seem to come from beyond the speakers. Wild shit! Haven’t compared it to the 4000 yet, will be different with the Autocorrelator. Not that it’s better or worse, just a difference in signal processing.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Forgot this one- track one of side two was the first I played after completing the 400, the tightness of the bass surprised me. I forgot about the last track of that side... B113E423-B5BE-47C2-8286-ECD34A76C1A0.jpeg