what are you listening to?

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
I did get it Steven. Unfortunately I could not connect and the next time I tried it did expire. Thanks for the thought...been kinda on the side for awhile. Some new tunes seem to be putting agiddy-up in my hitch...

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Okay, thank you, Bob. I listened to Side B of your mix tape, yesterday. Nice to see we both picked - unbeknownst to each other - k.d. lang. She did such a great rendition of Leonard Cohen's (another great Canadian R.I.P.) song. She sang the song at the Opening Ceremony of the 2010 Winter Olympics, which Vancouver and Whistler hosted. We watched it on TV while she performed it, live. Spine-tingling and made every Canadian proud.

Nando.
She is a treasure, I watched it live as well, God what a voice!!! With what everyone is going through now, throw on some k.d. relax and all will be better soon.

Glantoir

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
He doesn't say a whole lot.
I listened to Nandos excellent (as always) Sisters Together 2020 on cassette (a vintage Maxell XLII 90) played on my Pioneer CT737 MK II followed by Bob Boyers also excellent Bob Seger mix( Flac file played using Audacity through Topping D10 DAC) all using the manattic system.

It is a stereo system, I swear!!!

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Thank you, Pat. Glad to see it arrived without issue. Nice photo of your upstairs system. For your pleasure, I have the digital recording of that tape. I can email the links to the downloadable files, so you can listen to it without popping a tape into your deck.

Nando.

Miracle Mile

I listened to Nandos excellent (as always) Sisters Together 2020 on cassette (a vintage Maxell XLII 90) played on my Pioneer CT737 MK II followed by Bob Boyers also excellent Bob Seger mix( Flac file played using Audacity through Topping D10 DAC) all using the manattic system.

It is a stereo system, I swear!!!
Those AKG 240 mk II cans are begging for the "Dissident" tweak...

I've rebuilded another pair last week with the usual stunning result...

:thumbup:

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Merle Haggard : The Epic Collection. (Recorded Live) Retail Cassette. Yep, that means I got the belts and idler tire in from Marrs and installed them in the Nakamichi RX-202 I bought a month or so ago. It sounds fantastic ! That UDAR is wild man.

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
Lots of good stuff on this and the second anthology, wore out my first one back in while still in High School, this one still sounds great but looking a little shabby on the cover.

IMG_0428.JPG

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Thanks, It's a keeper, gonna freshen it up one of these days but it sounds fantastic and is so friggin simple.
I have a C1 and three C2's. I like restoring them. They are simple and sound fantastic as you said. The C1 was my first preamp. I still have it and I have done little to it. It just keeps on and on. Dan Mattis makes up kits with all the capacitors for cheap and I order a kit and put it in with a few other goodies when I build one.