what are you listening to?

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
My listening den is 19 by 15. Carpeted (thank God...) but taking my 77ES up close to its limits with the B&W's is a standing wave mess...
I have my AV Pioneer up front and SX-400 in back of the bedroom, stereo and 2 mono and there is nowhere for waves to stand.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Agreed, might be my favorite songwriter. But it's been bugging me that two tracks on this album I already have - somewhere, but no luck finding. The Man Who Invented Himself and Brenda's Iron Sledge. A compilation LP? A long ago recorded mix tape?
"The Man Who Invented Himself" was a 7" single from 1981. b/w "Dancing on God's Thumb."

"Brenda's Iron Sledge" was a 12" "single" from 1985:
  • Side 1: Brenda's Iron Sledge, Only the Stones Remain
  • Side 2: The Pit of Souls (Parts I - IV)

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
"The Man Who Invented Himself" was a 7" single from 1981. b/w "Dancing on God's Thumb."

"Brenda's Iron Sledge" was a 12" "single" from 1985:
  • Side 1: Brenda's Iron Sledge, Only the Stones Remain
  • Side 2: The Pit of Souls (Parts I - IV)
I've not laid eyes on them in years but somewhere here are two 3" Robyn Hitchcock CD singles. I know one of them it's not but the other?? It could have been I made a cassette recording of a friends LP's way back when. He turned me on to The Soft Boys when Underwater Moonlight came out.

And Only the Stones Remain - I've got that too but where? I'm thinking it must be that other 3" single. Likely it's a CD equivalent of that vinyl 12" you mentioned.

Or on a compilation of some kind or a movie soundtrack?

You know, all day long, I've not thought about this and you had to bring it up again. Sheesh!

Another thought. I have a CD re-issue of Underwater Moonlight that has extra tracks, maybe even a whole other album. I also have Nextdoorland on CD. I'm wondering now of there are hidden tracks on either of them?

Checking that though will be for another day.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
When political humor was funny...

Both from 1963, mono. The jokes are dated, but if you remember much about the era, you'll get it.

IMG_1197.JPG

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
I had my fill of John Hiatt years ago.

My band used to cover Riding With the King and I always missed this one key change. I was ordered, in no uncertain terms, to play along to the song 100 times so I'd remember the that change. Wasn't keen on hearing John Hiatt anytime soon after that.

Picked this up yesterday because it was $1.99, mint, and the title track got airplay. I really liked it beginning to end and think it is a very good album.

IMG_4053.JPG

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Older remasters but sound awesome coming off a Sony Metal Master ....

1557003996725.png

The TA-N77ES is heating up ... :happy9:

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Don't Pull Your Love - Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reynolds

now Who Loves You - Four Seasons