what are you listening to?

MarkWComer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Yeah man! The best Floyd film I've seen. I'm biased because I think Meddle was their finest album.
DSOTM stretched studio recording techniques to a new plateau, but yeah- Meddle it is.
Obscured By Clouds and More are two that I play a lot. They lost me with The Wall…

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
DSOTM stretched studio recording techniques to a new plateau, but yeah- Meddle it is.
Obscured By Clouds and More are two that I play a lot. They lost me with The Wall…
I quite agree. I lost interest in Pink Floyd after Meddle. I was given DSOTM and The Wall as presents but only played them if someone visiting me wanted to hear them.

Other than it's existence, I knew nothing about Obscured by Clouds until a couple of years ago when I found a copy, flipping through a box of records at a yard sale. I liked it much more than I thought I would. It seemed like a departure from what I was expectng, so kind of refreshing.

George S.

Cirrus Minor from More is probably my favorite PF tune. Yeah, it's simple and not much to it, but my imagination paints a rich picture when I hear it.
DSOTM is interesting from a technological standpoint, I do have two very good copies, one still has the included poster or posters, can't remember.
Anything later, I can stream, but have very little interest in.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
The '80s since midnight until midnight then the 90s. Hearing some stuff I know and well the grunge is showing up. Lots more that I don't know but lots that I have heard of.
xpn.org
80s I didn't radio much.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Well, I listened to the 80s on Friday but the 90s were even further from what I enjoy knowing most of the artists but never seeking out any of their work. So I set up a rig in the tv room to test some repaired speakers and an amp that supposedly needed to be shot, with DeoxiT.

Yes the Denon needed the juice, balance control was 60% out on left channel so after enjoying it for some time, I got the chemicals and cleaned the controls letting it sit overnight. Two discs I remember were Dire Straits Love Over Gold and Tracy Chapman’s first album.

The speakers were a pair of KEF Q15s given to me that were all busted up. Three speakers, one worked, one had dead woofer and one had the magnet come loose from the woofer. Part em out or wait for a woofer on the bay. Couple years later and I got a complete driver, woofer and concentrically mounted tweeter from the bay. I wasn’t in a big hurry as I had a pair of Q10s and they were underwhelming so the 15s sat both before and after repair.

Finally decided to finish the project and test em. One speaker was 2’ forward and 5’ left at ear height. The other was 7’ forward, 1‘ right and 2’ down from ear level…now you see the need for the fully functional balance control. Anyway, fired up this rig, Sony MXD-D3 a CD/MD deck and the Denon integrated amp and I was amazed at the sound field, just filled the area between the speakers. Looking forward to more tunes today on that rig.

But XPN.org is continuing with the oughts today. There should be some decent tunes in the playlist today. If not, I’ve got more from the CD collection I’m going through. More Dire Straits a few other CDs I already have and the 15 new Miles Davis discs are in that room ready to spin.

I need to try the speakers in another rig to see if it was synergy or the Q15s that sounded so enjoyable. But while that rig is set up I have to test one of my powered subs. So much possibly broken stuff I gotta get moving on evaluation and repair.

George S.

Yeah Joe. Train eventually played a few I've heard before. Love songs, etc. Hundreds of women dancing and singing along, and, knowing the words. Not faking it, they KNEW the words.
Most of the older generation left or sat it out.
They came for REO.