what are you listening to?

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
How does a globally known artist go platinum and I never heard a damn thing?!?
Guess he has some fans besides me. I saw the CD in a discount bin in 2012 or so. Didn't pay attention to the copyright info and thought it was new then.

Edit: if FM radio had had any balls back then they would have been playing it. Such is the curse of classic rock formats.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Edit: if FM radio had had any balls back then they would have been playing it. Such is the curse of classic rock formats.
I tuned into the college stations, there were two in the Baltimore area. One played the Human League a year before “Don’t You Want Me” became such a massive hit, the Divinyls long before “I Touch Myself.” They were always far ahead. Wide variety, too- one program played jazz and swing from the ‘30s and ‘40s, and you could hear the crackle of the shellac!

Don’t know how they got around licensing restrictions and “officially approved” playlists…

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
I tuned into the college stations, there were two in the Baltimore area. One played the Human League a year before “Don’t You Want Me” became such a massive hit, the Divinyls long before “I Touch Myself.” They were always far ahead. Wide variety, too- one program played jazz and swing from the ‘30s and ‘40s, and you could hear the crackle of the shellac!

Don’t know how they got around licensing restrictions and “officially approved” playlists…
College stations, that's how, Mark. There are still some that aren't like WUTC where all they can think to do is repeat NPR because that's all they know how to sell.

George S.

Saw John Waite, Styx, and Foreigner a couple evenings ago at Blossom.
John Waite was fantastic. Sang all the old Babys hits. Never knew he was English until hearing him speak on stage. A real talent.
Styx was OK, I'm not a fan. Mr. Roboto was a good time to walk to the pisser.
Foreigner is on their Final Tour, and were stoked to be playing Cleveland as they're scheduled to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this coming Fall.
They put on a fantastic high energy show and took time between songs to interact with the audience. Said they've been touring 9 months out of 12 for the last 20 years, and it's time to retire from touring.
This evening the wife and I are going back to see New Kids On The Block and Paula Abdul. I'm looking forward to seeing Paula.

Attachments

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Saw John Waite, Styx, and Foreigner a couple evenings ago at Blossom.
John Waite was fantastic. Sang all the old Babys hits. Never knew he was English until hearing him speak on stage. A real talent.
Styx was OK, I'm not a fan. Mr. Roboto was a good time to walk to the pisser.
Foreigner is on their Final Tour, and were stoked to be playing Cleveland as they're scheduled to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this coming Fall.
They put on a fantastic high energy show and took time between songs to interact with the audience. Said they've been touring 9 months out of 12 for the last 20 years, and it's time to retire from touring.
This evening the wife and I are going back to see New Kids On The Block and Paula Abdul. I'm looking forward to seeing Paula.
Foreigner must put on a great show...