what are you listening to?

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Looks great there, Tony. Nice stereo stand, too. Are you using the Sony TC-K75, much? Do you still have the Sony TC-K950ES? I sort of wish I hadn't sold mine.

Nando
Thanks Nando.

I'm using the K75 in light rotation. Haven't recorded enough on it tho. Mostly been fiddling with vinyl to it, which was sort of the plan.
Mainly Jazz & Blues stuff for the most part. Been too busy with unexpected, life-stuff though - so I've not gotten into a rhythm with it and haven't done the 'The Beatles' vinyl transfer to it that I wanted to focus on initially.

I still have the TC-K950ES but I'm aching to sell it. I need to run it through the AP and grab some numbers, so when I list it somewhere, I can show some values.
I've been looking around for 'one more' high end deck to try before I'm packing for the old folks home ... LOL.
But I keep missing the really clean & good ones due to timing and distractions.

Servo controlled, three-headed something or other. JVC, Pioneer, not quite sure where I want to go next.

Those component shelves I've had since 2007-ish. Time sure flies! :oops:
The powder coat on them is rough tho, so they get dirty fast.

Last edited:

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
Yup, and the 700 Pro looks odd, don't care. I'd put a S2 faceplate on it, but it's using the original heavy steel chassis so the Pro faceplate should stay. I'm good with it. Since both are WOPLed, the LEDs are righteous and O.K. with me. WOPLED!
looks great!!

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Thanks. The core parts have served me well for longer than I care to mention. :cool:

Sadly, one of the newest additions to the stack - the Sony 77ES amp - didn't like me cranking the Devin Townsend. It smoked bad across a few different boards.
But it did open my eyes as a side benefit though. I've been exclusively Sony ES amps since roundabout 1992. Before I simply went back to pulling out my pair of trusty Sony TA-N55ES's in mono-block mode and hooking them back up, I demo'd some Parasound. And then landed a nice score on this ...

View attachment 72972

New A/B designs are something to marvel. This little sleeper sounds better than any of the ES amps I've used over the years. Especially in moderately lower-ish volume levels ... where it stays in Class "A" mode. And it's not throwing off a lot of inefficient heat when I go Loud either. The Logans thank me daily ... as do my ears!
I love the Class A/B amplifiers. In my present configuration, for my main stereo system, I use a Pioneer M-25. I've used several different amplifiers throughout the years and the M-25 is the cream of the crop for my usual listening pleasure.

230650b4-d332-43f0-b694-0979d186f040_zpsr7ti6rce.jpg
5307333a-6617-424b-9261-24b8afa156fd_zpsbykndt7h.png
468c14d5-95c2-4ebe-be6e-c693e398eb43_zps0qutofnd.jpg

I have two other Class A/B amps - A Marantz PM-74D and a Yamaha CA-800.

Nando.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Nice!

The two things that blew my mind with the addition of the Parasound A/B is how much the folded motion tweeters on my Logans came alive compared to the old Sony amp ... and on the right material, how much warm, articulate bass comes through across the entire Gain range - even when I have the volume pretty damn low. It sort of reminds me of how 'loudness' contour controls use to pump things up at lower listening levels, but way more precise.

When I have some full-bodied material, properly recorded on Metal tape, playing at something I imagine is much less than 1 watt RMS equivalent ... the distinct bass notes almost freak me out. I can remember going to audio stores with dedicated listening rooms many moons ago, where I'd hear these systems create imagery in very low volume listening scenarios with astronomically priced gear. I've never owned stuff that could even come close to replicating that experience in the past.

But as luck would have it, I'm hitting that stride now
and probably the two biggest contributing pieces being -

The new Parasound amp
and the Martin Logans that pretty much brings it all together.

Last edited: