what are you listening to?

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
You said not many "Knew it's meaning" Not who heard of kids with this name.
"i guess i need to get out more" is a metaphor meaning ... i was wrong and would benefit more from more exposure...
and i still dont know many named cadence as i stated in the first post response...
better??
lol

gene french

Tagline
i feel bad for those who will never experience how beautiful music can sound...a friend came over to say goodbye...a new job will take him away from here...as usual the system was playing...he walked in ...stopped dead in his tracks...turned around to face the system..."unbelievable" ..." what a beautiful sound"...guess i am getting soft in my old age...

Vintage 700b

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Fabricator
Might have posted the before. If so apologies. Back in high school in New Orleans at The Warehouse, about 1972, saw the Aqualung tour. Best damn show I've ever seen. Brought my little sister. Her first concert! She was hooked.

Timeless !!!!
Ian Anderson always brought such an incredible show,

Vintage 700b

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Fabricator
A
i feel bad for those who will never experience how beautiful music can sound...a friend came over to say goodbye...a new job will take him away from here...as usual the system was playing...he walked in ...stopped dead in his tracks...turned around to face the system..."unbelievable" ..." what a beautiful sound"...guess i am getting soft in my old age...

Aaaaaah, that is the magic of a WOPL'd 400/700 Gene.
All your hard work presents itself. Cool video, thanks for sharing!

gene french

Tagline
1,500,001...add me...lol
i would imagine that chinese people at times have good taste in music also...
too bad that not everyone can be as blessed as we are to be born in the good ole us of a...
i am thankful every day for who and what i am...
it was a gift not given to all...

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I picked up the Technics mini system from my local thrift store for $50, less tax. It came with all the operating manuals, too. I have a pair of bookshelf Toshiba SS-3747 2-way bass reflex speakers that will be part of the package deal. Nice combination. I bought a replacement stylus for the cartridge. I will be playing it for a couple of days before giving it the all-okay before selling it all.

20221119_064126.jpg

Nando.