Well, I finally did it...WOPL

Nick Danger

Veteran and General Yakker
It is really great to see so many animal lovers on this site. I have worked with dogs in one capacity or another for the better part of 20 years and they may be the only thing more important to me than music and the combination is my idea of Nirvana. Nothing like a pet in your lap or at your feet while playing some tunes.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Im a more of a cat guy. Always sucked at taking care of dogs. I've made a choice not to have one simply because of that.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
It is really great to see so many animal lovers on this site. I have worked with dogs in one capacity or another for the better part of 20 years and they may be the only thing more important to me than music and the combination is my idea of Nirvana. Nothing like a pet in your lap or at your feet while playing some tunes.
We had two dogs up until last month, when we had to put our Lab mix down after 13 years (she was probably 15 or so, and a rescue..). That dog next door we have seen since it was a puppy, and it chaps my ass to think that even THEN it was being left outside for nights on end... especially since it too is a black lab!

This is Sheila when we first brought her home in 2001...

happy dog.jpg

Nick Danger

Im a more of a cat guy. Always sucked at taking care of dogs. I've made a choice not to have one simply because of that.
Love cats, too. Allergies and a houseful of animals keep me from having one(or two). Dogs are a different sort of responsibility and do not fit everyones lifestyle.

We had two dogs up until last month, when we had to put our Lab mix down after 13 years (she was probably 15 or so, and a rescue..). That dog next door we have seen since it was a puppy, and it chaps my ass to think that even THEN it was being left outside for nights on end... especially since it too is a black lab!

View attachment 11806
Sorry to hear about your recent loss. Maybe your neighbor would be okay with you adopting their dog? You were given two hands so you could pet more than one at a time ;).

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
Yea Lee.. The very last pic is the one ! Thats my baby ! I just took that pic the other morn. I woke up and looked beside me and there she was on the pillow between Kris and I .... Head on a pillow and cover up to her neck just like we were !!!! Milloin bucks wouidn't buy that dog !!! Her eyes are fine now... Thats just a glare from the light... This summer we will have to have her eyes fixed ! Thats where the Harley is going !!!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Wish I could do that for my Jazz. Cost 6,000 to clear the cataracts, and I would do that in a heartbeat, but due to her age they don't think she would make in and out of anesthesia. Breaks my heart watching her bump into stuff, but at night, in bed she don't bump into anything. She just cuddles.....

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
So sorry man... Yea... Its just 3 grand for Annie... Like thats not enough ! She is 10 and as long as Im alive and able I will not let her get like that... Her eyes are just starting to cloud ! You know where the band Three Dog Night got their name don't ya... Well we have one of those every night !

Zach C.

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Outside I got a lab boxer mix... Rescue dog. In the house I got three Bichons.... Two rescue and we bought the other... We live in their house !!! Im going to try and post pics... It might not happen !
Nice. The few Bischons I've known have all been sweethearts.

Lab/ Boxer? There's a recipe for spastic. I'll bet that's a fun one.

These are our girls frolicking in the snow recently.

The Lab/ Sheppard is Whitney. This is the name she came with, lest anyone think I'm a racist*. We intended to change it, but couldn't choose a better one, and now it's too late.

And, the Blond Shephard is Naggie- short for "fuck your noguchi coffee table." My wife has an odd sense of humor, and will suffer no hipsters. :)

* I contend that EVERYONE is racist, it's just a question of degrees, and how they allow this to manifest. I'd like to think that I am less so than most, but would I know?

Whitney.jpg Naggie.jpg Um...The ball, please..jpg

Zach C.

Journeyman
Tagline
---

Yeah, is wrong with people? I know why they do it, but...it's just not right.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Time to save another soul yet?

Last edited:

Zach C.

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Wish I could do that for my Jazz. Cost 6,000 to clear the cataracts, and I would do that in a heartbeat, but due to her age they don't think she would make in and out of anesthesia. Breaks my heart watching her bump into stuff, but at night, in bed she don't bump into anything. She just cuddles.....
This part is always terribly sad, but I can't spend big bucks on an old dog just to allow them to suffer...not that I think yours is suffering.

Tears us up, but we put them down and go rescue another soon thereafter.

We can't save them all, but when my friend's quality of life suffers, I think it's selfish to prolong it too long.

There are just so many that need saving...

This is only intended as food for thought, and not an indictment of anyone's way of caring for their pet.

It's hard to let go.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
but when my friend's quality of life suffers, I think it's selfish to prolong it too long.

I agree, it hurts but it's the right thing to do. We did it 3 times in the last decade but now have 2 friends in the house. They are not rescues, they are pure breds but that was our choice. My previous Himalyan was a rescue though and she lived to a ripe old 15. The Papillions were 15 and 16 respectively also. They lived a good life full of love and car rides. Christmas was always cool as they got to dress up. LOL, they even had Halloween costumes