Well hell...

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
That is a full cut n paste. As you see, nowhere in that private message does he use his name. HIGHLY irregular for a PM. Lack of professionalism and lack of character. It didn't sit well with me, as he has full visibility of my name (everyone does) and other details... Yeah, he owns the place (but needs donations from members... Doesn't that make it a co-op? Why is there no membership representation if so?) but not cool.

And that was quite a while before the 'train went off the rails'. My opinion was formed then, and Nando was nice enough to introduce me to this (lovely?) place.

I still feel it is a good resource but I don't spend much time there at all any longer. Maybe once or twice a week check in to see who else has been banned...

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
Years ago TH server cost was about $200 per month, but today TH membership has grown significantly, outgrowing its ad support revenue. I am happy to donate with no strings attached.
Bob, if you do the HP amp kit thing I have some interesting 6AK5 tubes branded Hewlett Packard that might be dandy active components for you.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Maybe TH is like your favorite neighborhood dive bar. Once word gets out, and the gentrified begin moving in, making it “cool”, it suddenly isn’t, and you have to go find another good dive bar to get a warm PBR from a perpetually pissed off bartender.

MIKE! Another round!

Fuuuuu**** you!!!

Thanks Mike!

BlazeES

Tagline
---
TH butthurt IS the knitting circle. TH butthurt is no different than AK butthurt ... no different than general, interwebs bed-wetting.

Learn to internet and life will be much more simple... and enjoyable. :cool:

J!m

Tagline
BOT
For those keeping score, I just learned today that Twiggy has been reinstated.

I started a “Crazy 8’s” 8-track source only cassette traveling tape. That will be the last project I get involved with there. Once tied off, I can further remove myself. The other projects I was involved with are completed, or at least my part has been fulfilled.

Future projects (like my colors theme tape) will be run out if this state of the art forum.

mr_rye89

Tagline
Lost in the Ozone Again
That's good to know Jim, I was wondering how banned Twiggy was. I didn't want to bring it up there because of how uptight the mods are.

There was a point in time when TH was the AK outcast forum, you could curse, banter, post pictures of scantily clad women, prefer analog sources to digital ones (without someone posting graphs showing how your preferences are wrong)

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I got a PM from one of the mods it was “only a couple weeks” ban for Twiggy and he couldn’t discuss it and would essentially deny speaking about it if asked... I should post that PM here too.

There’s something going on over there for sure.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Twiggy (Scott) was banned for a week, exactly.

Nando.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
You do realize that Yesfans uses the same platform as they do and we're just chock full of higher quality caca beans there?

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Bring Twiggy here, dammit! He's more interesting than most of the site.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
All the sites have folks that need to take a break. I don't find out who got canned or a vacation most of the time. AK lost some valuable folks early when grumpy was all full of himself. But whatever.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Twiggy (Scott) was banned for a week, exactly.

Nando.
Yes, you are correct Nando. My memory is not to be relied upon...

"Gents,

Don't panic about the ban, the [crazy 8's tape] project goes on and it's not actually such - just a 7 day suspension. Just carry on as if nothing has happened and do not discuss this publicly. Compromise my position on the other side of the fence and I can't help out anymore if I'm removed. Don't ask me what happened as I won't comment although you maybe able to work it out. As the tape ends with me and I do have his home address from previous transactions, it will be completed and the upload will happen.

Remember, 'The Show must Go On'.

Regards, [xxxx]" (Author redacted to protect him per the above)

MY bold added. My clarity on which project the author is referring to added. The issue comes down from the top, as if that was a surprise.

I am curious to see what Twiggy was told/heard when he was banned, or if he just discovered he couldn't log in one day...

I'm happy to invite Scott over. His topics can be ... abrasive to some at times, but he is intelligent and doesn't just say stuff to get a reaction- he has usually put thought into the topics he discusses and those he comments on by others.