We went "Under Contract" this morning

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Around here, it's dirt, clay, shale and then limestone all the way down...

There are old and new limestone quarries all over the metro, and I was once told that the Kansas City area has as much acreage below ground as above. They are used for warehousing, storage and even industry. Semi-trucks go in and out day and night. They're well lit too. One even has a flea market in it.

Last edited:

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Life is short, so take your time
Wells are the way to go, you don't have to deal with the city and you can water your lawn any time you want. Plus you don't have to install back flow preventers

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Just finished up assembling and flushing/testing my new 7 Stage Reverse Osmosis system. Pretty much painless. Now I gotta run the lines to the fridge, and the Kitchen sink which are right above the system. I didn't want to fill up the kitchen sink base with all the equipment so I mounted it in the laundry room. It's
like 6 feet to the sink and about 8 feet to the fridge. It will produce 100 Gallons per day which is plenty for drinking and cooking. I just did a taste test and the water is friggin great. It will only get better as the filters get settled in and the system gets worked. The tank is kinda small at 4 gallons (actually holds 3 with the remainder is the bladder), but when they drilled our new well and installed the new pump and tank, I kept the 20 gallon tank which was replaced about a year ago. Or, I can parallel another 4 gallon tank. The 20 gallon though would be nice if the zombies are coming but if that happens, 20 gallons aint shit.

This setup has the UV filter and also has a built in pump to keep the water pressure high to help boost the production of water through the membrane. It's all automatic. It has the flow sensor which turns the UV filter and the pump on. The built in pump was recommended for people on a well system which sometimes has lower water pressure so this boosts it (just through the first few stages not the house pressure) and keeps production up to spec.

View attachment RevOsm.jpg

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Speaking of water to the kitchen, we have no sink. They will be here on Wed to measure for the quartz countertops and new sink, and tomorrow the flooring is going in. Sherry has been installing cabinet pulls and stashing shit we haven't been able to unpack, and finding cabinet space for all of it. She's funny, she shows me where she put the dishes (then she moved it 2 hours later), where my donuts are, then moved them........ DAYAM.....

I cut a piece of plywood to lay over the cabinets so we had a place to pile shit. These old houses are NOT square, plumb or level so installing cabs was a pain in the ass. Just gotta wait for a couple weeks till they bring the counter tops and mount the sink. I also put in the main bathroom tub faucet and associated junk n stuff. I think I've had enough for the last few days so I'm going to the shop and do some soldering.

View attachment kit2.jpg View attachment kit1.jpg

stetter

Journeyman
Speaking of water to the kitchen, we have no sink. They will be here on Wed to measure for the quartz countertops and new sink, and tomorrow the flooring is going in. Sherry has been installing cabinet pulls and stashing shit we haven't been able to unpack, and finding cabinet space for all of it. She's funny, she shows me where she put the dishes (then she moved it 2 hours later), where my donuts are, then moved them........ DAYAM.....

I cut a piece of plywood to lay over the cabinets so we had a place to pile shit. These old houses are NOT square, plumb or level so installing cabs was a pain in the ass. Just gotta wait for a couple weeks till they bring the counter tops and mount the sink. I also put in the main bathroom tub faucet and associated junk n stuff. I think I've had enough for the last few days so I'm going to the shop and do some soldering.

View attachment 62282 View attachment 62283
Perry, got a good laugh about moving dishes around, At my house one of my retirement jobs is the dish dryer and putting them away, every few months the dish shuffle happens, usually caused by new pot or glass or such entering the house. It is hard to keep up with the female house engineers.

If you think old houses are a challenge try a log house. lots of notching and flattening of logs. Lots of fun. Sounds like your house is coming along nicely. Just a few more months of winter and that Harley will out on the open road.

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Perry, got a good laugh about moving dishes around, At my house one of my retirement jobs is the dish dryer and putting them away, every few months the dish shuffle happens, usually caused by new pot or glass or such entering the house. It is hard to keep up with the female house engineers.

If you think old houses are a challenge try a log house. lots of notching and flattening of logs. Lots of fun. Sounds like your house is coming along nicely. Just a few more months of winter and that Harley will out on the open road.

I hope to SEE my Harley one of these days. When I moved back to Mn, we didn't have a place to put it and my friend I grew up with just moved into a 3200sf house (just him and the wife), so it's been parked in his 4 car garage since Oct. By the time we got into our house, is was snowing and cold as shit so that's where it sits.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Drilled a hole in the new flooring this morn to run the line from the new Reverse Osmosis system to the fridge line. Sitting here drinking a glass of ice water out of it right now. VERY TASTY! The countertops will be here in about 10 days then I'll have another line to the RO faucet. Even the wife liked the water. Hung the shower rod and curtain in the upstairs bath too. I went a week without doing shit. Burned out from remodel stuff but hope to get back on track this week. All I got going on is seeing the new doctor (had to find a new one and get out insurance switched to TriCare Select, and we have to take our drivers license knowledge Test on Wednesday, then I can get the vehicles registered here in Mn................. Looks like the weather is starting to make it's turn. Been in the 30's for a couple days, gonna be the same for the next 10 days. I'll take that over the bone chilling shit we've had for the last 2 months. I think I'll also WOPL this last 700B I have here. Got a customer who has been poking me about a Black face/Blue light special. Have to finish my inventory to figure out what I need from Joe.

krellmk

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Are you satisfied with the life you're living
Drilled a hole in the new flooring this morn to run the line from the new Reverse Osmosis system to the fridge line. Sitting here drinking a glass of ice water out of it right now. VERY TASTY! The countertops will be here in about 10 days then I'll have another line to the RO faucet. Even the wife liked the water. Hung the shower rod and curtain in the upstairs bath too. I went a week without doing shit. Burned out from remodel stuff but hope to get back on track this week. All I got going on is seeing the new doctor (had to find a new one and get out insurance switched to TriCare Select, and we have to take our drivers license knowledge Test on Wednesday, then I can get the vehicles registered here in Mn................. Looks like the weather is starting to make it's turn. Been in the 30's for a couple days, gonna be the same for the next 10 days. I'll take that over the bone chilling shit we've had for the last 2 months. I think I'll also WOPL this last 700B I have here. Got a customer who has been poking me about a Black face/Blue light special. Have to finish my inventory to figure out what I need from Joe.
When i had my salt water tank running i used Reverse Osmosis to treat the tap water before i mix it with synthetic salt ..it do get expensive

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Another MAJOR milestone today, the countertops are going in which means as soon as I hook up the plumbing, we'll have a kitchen sink!!!!

They are Quartz countertops. The wife wanted a white kitchen, she got a WHITE kitchen..

View attachment 63309
Nice. How many countertop splices did you end up with?