WANTED: Phase Linear Pro 700

Dutch54

Journeyman
Well he tells me he will sell one or two possibly but he would like to know what you are thinking a fair price is?

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Well he tells me he will sell one or two possibly but he would like to know what you are thinking a fair price is?
Without knowing the condition of the amp, I couldn't venture a guess. If the faces are beat up (many times the pro gear faces are jacked), I wouldn't be interested. We have replacements for the 700B or the Series II's but Pro 700's don't have anything available. Condition condition condition..... Are the amps functional? Have they been maintained? Are they original??????

George S.

Most of here do our own mechanical work, and home renovation work. Your in good company.
I worked as a bicycle mechanic through college in a a college town, when Raleigh's and Falcons were still made England, Motobecane were still French, and Trek was just getting big out of WI.
Up until the Pandemic I was still doing a lot of riding and did at least one tour every summer. Not so much since. I work too much. This I need to change.
My 84 Trek 720 and 96 Waterford Adventure Cycle need to get out more. Also have a early Trek 970 MTB converted to fat tire touring I last rode across Prince Edward Islands Confederation Trail. That was my last long tour.
Welcome aboard. Are you building a amp or a Phase Linear system?

Dutch54

Journeyman
We use to do 25 to50 rides on Sunday out of the shop. What line of work were you in? I have do everything from being a carpenter. to custom cabinet maker with 2500 sf shop, to bicycle shop owner, to a salesman, inventory control, stoker, driver at a Auto Zone store in Arvada, Co, did the AZ thing after I retired, got bored you know. Now I am repairing electronics as a hobby at home, it takes up a lot of my time, being a amateur at it.

George S.

I've been driving Semi for 30 years. Still driving within OH and a little of PA and MI.
Finished up a 20 year military career as a Special Vehicle Mechanic with my last 7 years in Reserves while driving truck coast to coast. Did the long haul coast to coast, all over Canada to the MX border for over 20 years. Not too many places I haven't been.
My last bicycle tour before COVID was actually The Erie Canal tour from Buffalo to Albany. Year before that was Prince Edward Island, and then the year before that was Pittsburgh to the Lincoln Monument over the Allegheny Passage Trail to The C&O Canal Trail beside the Potomac.
Here's a photo of the Trek 720 by the Cincinnatus Statue in downtown Cincinnati on the river front. This is the southern point of the OTE (Ohio river To lake Erie trail). I don't wear cycling shoes or clothes when I tour. After a couple days of camping out I probably look like a hobo. But that's OK. More and more of the trails are getting completed so there's little road riding and quiet campsites.

Attachments