Variacs N Stuff

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Been using this one forever. Voltstat. Max 10A. 0-150 V Matsushita. It's never given me any SHITa at all. Put a power, volt, ammeter, watt meter combo in line with it. Very accurate the meter is for penny's. Got like 37.00 in the whole set up. That would include the DBT set up that plugs right in line when needed.

Attachments

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
They are great models. And the meters (the ones on the right) come in Amps or Watts. The part numbers are according to the meters
W10MT3A is amp meter, 10 amp.
W10MT3W is a watt meter, 10 amp

the W10 indicates 10 amp model

View attachment 38117
BUT I like knowing what I may wind up with if I hang around long enough

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Perry you know a product is top notch when everyone refers to the name of every other one built by that same name...VARIAC = all the other veritable transformers (all referred to as a VARIAC in our community). Kleenex=tissue to wipe the ole snoot.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I have another winter project. I just score a 5 amp model with both an Amp Meter, AND a Watt Meter. This comes in handy for the preamps and smaller components besides Amps. Now I just got to get my friend to weld the 2 small holes shut , have it blasted and powder coated to match my other Variac. Ain't it cute??? After this, I'll find the 20 amp version and be done.... I also got a NIB transformer for it and if it's meters are beat (they appear to be fine), I have a couple. A new cord, some NOS fuse holders, and a new face applique..... View attachment 38252

She'll look nothing like this when I get done.

View attachment 38252

Stripped her down Sunday and had my friend weld the holes shut between the meters. This morning, I dropped the case off for blasting and powder coating. I also decided to stick with the "Coyote Champagne" color which I did for the last one. Comes a time when you can't keep pumping cash into them. But, it should look nice and while the case is gone, I'll clean up the meters, and rework the wiring, get the new fuse holders and switches ready. Maybe I can make some headway before my parts show up for the 700B I got showing up soon. I also dropped off the variac face plate which I had scanned and they are making a new applique for it. I better dig to see if I have a new power cord. Joe wanted the old one to see if he can do official Oxygen Free Replica's. :)

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
They are great models. And the meters (the ones on the right) come in Amps or Watts. The part numbers are according to the meters
W10MT3A is amp meter, 10 amp.
W10MT3W is a watt meter, 10 amp

the W10 indicates 10 amp model

View attachment 38117

It will be the same color as the one on the left which I still have (Coyote Champagne). Can't wait to get the 5 amp one going, it's easier to tote and since I do quite a few preamps, that may keep me from having to get my other shoulder replace (sooner).

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
"Joe wanted the old one to see if he can do official Oxygen Free Replica's. " Lol, That one is gonna be sweet. Its good its easy to tote.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I been scoping out the net to see if I could find a 20 amp model (with meters W20MT3A or W) but outside of the plastic face plate model, I'm not seeing anything that trips my trigger..