Thirty Six Thousand Dollar Speaker Cables?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Richard, I think those are made expressly to separate a fool from his money......

dingus

Journeyman
Tagline
crusty old fart
i'd love to hear these in a double blind test against something like my diy Canare 4s11 cables.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
i'd love to hear these in a double blind test against something like my diy Canare 4s11 cables.

I would much rather be in the economic category where buying these is just spending pocket change.

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
They can keep them, I see nothing special about these cables that warrants that price tag. A sucker and his money comes to mind

BlazeES

Tagline
---
For that kind of money, they better enable me to hit 60 MPH in something less than 5 seconds, have Recaro leather and come with a hot blonde, half my age! :p

dingus

Journeyman
Tagline
crusty old fart
.... If you have a 100,000.00 system are you going to use zip cord?
thats a test i'd like to witness. have a very well tuned, high end system of several hundred thousand dollars and start with zip cord cables and super budget ic's. incrementally swap in "better" wire and see at what price range the sweet spot is. i would be willing to bet that speaker cable would come in at under $5 per ft and ic's under $50 per pair.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
For that kind of money, they better enable me to hit 60 MPH in something less than 5 seconds, have Recaro leather and come with a hot blonde, half my age! :p
You had better be able to outrun the screaming villagers brandishing weapons as well!

fitz43

dingus

Journeyman
Tagline
crusty old fart
interesting, but this study did not include listening tests. from what i could gather the Belden zip cord held its own.

fitz43

interesting, but this study did not include listening tests. from what i could gather the Belden zip cord held its own.
I bought some speakers once and the seller threw in some cables that had Monster written all over the jacket. Don't know if was special wire in it but looked the same as regular 12 AWG Zip. I couldn't tell any diffeence. YMMV. Doug