THE SWAP SHOP Official Thread

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Everyone is welcome to use this post for their cool shit that they do not have a use for and just want to swap off, no dinero involved

We got this to use in the motorhome but never could justify the expense of the service. Never been used, everything still wrapped w/ instructions. Swap me something cool

Last edited:

Skynyrd77

Tagline
lost in my own world
Hey Ron just to clarify. Does that only work for a specific model of car stereo. Obviously it's a pioneer. I have alpine in my car and it took a special alpine only one. So just checking. I'm not interested as I have one. But figured I'd throw in my 2 cents worth lol

Northwinds

Tagline
It can be used with any vehicle and with any head/amp unit that accepts auxilary inputs. It says nowhere in the directions that it can't be used with other brand equipment. We have a Clarion in the motorhome

Last edited:

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Laz's turn - I have these stylus assemblies, and would trade the lot for a really special T4P cart, or maybe something else. They're new, in Pfanstiehl packaging, and made by the original manufacturer, except as noted. I goofed on that one...

a pair of M92E stylii, labeled as "Genuine Shure" and "Manufactured by Shure"

a single M75EJ type II stylus, labeled as "Precision Manufactured by Shure"

a single Empire 2000E/I or 2000E/II stylus, labeled as "Manufactured by Empire Scientific Corp."

a single Stanton 680 series stylus, labeled as "Manufactured in USA by Stanton Magnetics, Inc."

a single V-15 type IV stylus, and who knows who made it? It might be OK...

Last edited:

Northwinds

Tagline
Pickering makes a few versions of a V-15 for their own cart, I don't think this is for a Shure

Jason, if this is what I think it is, see if you can make a deal for it. I believe this can be used with the XV-15 that I sent you. My stylus on it is still very good but this would be great to have if you need one in the future. I think the only difference is that a dustbrush came on mine???

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Pickering makes a few versions of a V-15 for their own cart, I don't think this is for a Shure

Jason, if this is what I think it is, see if you can make a deal for it. I believe this can be used with the XV-15 that I sent you. My stylus on it is still very good but this would be great to have if you need one in the future. I think the only difference is that a dustbrush came on mine???
I think I have a v.3 but I also think it DIED.

I can't remember at the moment whether I have an M92 or 91 and I wish I still had my Empire 2000 cart. There are some in Ontario province in one eBay store but that's a lot right now.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
Got a pic of this? Would it work in a type II?

T4P? Is that a P-mount or for a TAP system? I have a NOS Pioneer
Yes, I have pix. I hope you can see that the original packing was unopened. The Pfanstiehl packaging has one BIG problem - the stylus is mounted above a thin pad of foam, and the stylus/cantilever is too prone to snag. Good thing I was paying attention to what I was doing...

The camera could only go so close on macro, and I might have done better with the Sony, but the file size would have been too big to post here - six of one, half-a-dozen of the other...

So, given that, I'll have to describe the details. The stylus carries an oval logo, too small to read, and the number 3160DE. It has the silver metal studs at each side which carry the stylus guard, and the little brush is there. The brass stylus carrier (not "shure" what that part is really called) is shiny. The cantilever is a thin tube inside a thicker tube. I don't know if the diamond is bushed or nude - my stylus microscope is packed for moving, and I will only unbox it for dire need, and an NOS stylus is not dire.

[EDIT: I have no idea if this stylus would work in a type II. Look at the card in the second photo - now you know just about as much as I do.]

Yes, I am looking for a good P-mount cartridge in trade (T4P). What model of Pioneer do you have?

Attachments

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Got a pic of this? Would it work in a type II?

T4P? Is that a P-mount or for a TAP system? I have a NOS Pioneer
Whatever it stands for (wiki that sucker!) it's what we call a P-mount.

Northwinds

Tagline
I am interested in the V15 stylus... glad that is indeed for a Shure

This is the Pioneer I mentioned. I have no clue what model it is but it's barely used and on the original frontloader Pioneer TT

Northwinds

Tagline
Ok I just seen this and I am confused. Would the v15 work on the cart you sent or not Ron?
No Jason, it's for a Shure. You have a Pickering XV15, it uses a way different type. What is also nice about these XV15's is that all XV stylus' are interchangeable like Grado. The various V15 Shure's I hope accept any Shure V15 type stylus but this is just a gamble. I honestly think the only difference over the years was trackability improvements and with a dustbrush or not. I would have to look into it more. Irregardless, a IV will fit a V, just no tracking brush so VTF might need to be slightly adjusted to compensate

http://www.pickeringuk.com/625E.html

Last edited:

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I am interested in the V15 stylus... glad that is indeed for a Shure

This is the Pioneer I mentioned. I have no clue what model it is but it's barely used and on the original frontloader Pioneer TT

NW, you know that this stylus is NOT genuine Shure, right? I still recommend it to you for these reasons:

#1 Use it for your not-so-good vinyl.

#2 Use it for first-time play, in cast of a groove logjam which would break the stylus tip off the real Shure.

#3 Use it for operations which might put the real Shure in peril, such as checking VTF and alignment - slip out the real one, install the Pfanstiehl, do the check, reinstall the real stylus.

It's marked at $49.95 (and who really knows how long ago that was), but given what it is and what I gave for the lot, it's yours for ten bucks and shipping. PM me a ship-to address, and it'll be on its way to you. I send stuff to Orange this way, and it works well. He sends payment when he can.

EDIT: I was inclined to pass on the Pioneer T4P, but what the hay? It looks like one of those "fits anything but does nothing very well" devices, but yeah, it's probably worth ten bucks. So cart or money, I'll leave it up to you.

Last edited: