The Ohm Model F's

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
I've read they have a sweet spot in regards to power. And not to drive them past that sweet spot, ever.
Omnidirectional,. Be very interesting to hear them in a large room with a good distance of separation between them.
Back in the day these earned a reputation of needing 200 watts to make em work and they blow up at 201 watts. This the era when 200 was a huge amp but the 700B was available.

Had a set in one of the college off campus houses I lived in. Main rig in the living room. Marantz driven. I like em.

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Yep. Saw him on an interview with the guy from the Actor's Studio some years back before A&E turned into the weird network. He held up his hands and made the comment that the chord structure in his compositions was based as much on the fact that his fingers are short and hands are small, making it difficult to reach across as many keys as a lot of songwriters and pianists are capable of doing.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
I was thinking that the stacked Fs was competitive with the overwhelming looks of those big TOTL speaker towers with each driver in its own box stacked on the box below and pointed at the listener. Not a good look, intimidated by a big assed speaker. But they seem to sell for 50,000 and up so they must sound good. Time for speaker to be placed behind the curtains again.