The 2016 Summer Olympic Games Thread

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I'm a late starter for this year's Summer Olympic Games. I hope Canada's men's volleyball team will be the underdog team that will upset Brazil on Tuesday.

Nando.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
I can't believe the Canadians couldn't capitalize on their strong abilities, dang it!!! My coach in high school said I was one of the finest servers he had ever trained, I had a 9 ace game once, my wrist was purple, yellow and orange for days after. Sometimes you just see the line and feel the power and angle, I hate getting old...

Womens gymnastics Rocked!! And Oh oh oh, Micheal Phelps is amazing :happy2:

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
One of the IOC officials got caught scalping tickets I gather and a few boxing officials got tossed after apparently getting a little crazy interpreting the new rules, so the guy that flipped the ref off was a bad sport but right?

Other than that, I guess it's alright from what I might see on Yahoo.

No wait a minute, a running tore her ACL, that was really sad. Reminds me of poor Mary Decker. I guess two runners helped each other back up and finished too.

Nobody has mentioned the lake lately in the news.

So far, the terrorists at Munich may have been worse.

Better than the U.S. Electolympics.

Last edited:

stuwee

Well they're over and what a show the USA put on :blob8:, we were the best yet again, kudo's to all the wonderful athletes that ran, swum, pedaled, dove, jumped and swung their hearts out!!

Huge Booooooo to that idiot Ryan Lochte for embarrassing our nation with his drunken bullshit :violent1:, I hope that night was worth several million $$'s in endorsements asshole, I hope the OGC strips him of the medals he won and ban his sorry ass (cute as it is) :pottytrain2:

orange

Tagline
Citius Altius Programus Regularus! Now to get this election junk over :happy3:

stuwee

While respect the latin "Higher,faster,stronger" reference to end my thread, WTF does the election have to do with it??

Your thread crapping, while becoming much better and intelligent is still barely understood...wink, wink, take a hint...

Cogito, Ergo, Zoooom!!

orange

Tagline
No problems really, it's just back to school time and fair time and gotta pass a housing inspection next month. Just glad they didn't turn out as disastrous as the pundits thought, maybe me too.

The oldies station I wake up to was going away after selling to Educational Media Foundation (the K-Love and Air 1 people that are really just station flippers with a few long term signals) but they found another local broadcaster to continue the format and name at one of their frequencies in analog as well as the HD4 of another one of their signals...but it was only 250 watts and wouldn't get here, most of the coverage was to a wildlife refuge...they are fixing that, moving to 4000' elevation on the antenna farm there and upping power.

So maybe I had lot of things on my mind as well. At least it's cooling down now. not much of a TV viewer when the AC gets the power bill over 100 bucks and I still use Trinitrons.

So yes, I was being a bit smarmy, and I apologize.

PS You did ask if we cared in the first post.

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You'll blow your ears out kid
"gotta pass a housing inspection next month"

Insurance company?

orange

Tagline
HUD. Local housing authority.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
This was an enjoyable Olympics. I wish i could have tuned into more of it.

Steven: Surely, you don't talk in public the way you write posts.

Nando.

orange

Tagline
I do. Sorry.

Last edited: