Tell me what you think

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Yep if you see the cave forum under the list of forums you are a mamber. The link below leads you to the cave. The cave is for subject matters that are a little risque for the main forum. It is invitation only, you must have asked at one time and you weregranted permission.

http://forums.phxaudiotape.com/forumdisplay.php/49-The-quot-Cave-quot

enoyes12

Journeyman
Tagline
No, I won't turn it down but you CAN go away!
Fitz,
I bought them at Walmart in the automotive section for around $10. They are 10cm long and can be shortened to half size. They're flexible and have adhesive tape on the bottom. They come in white, blue and red. They are 12v and designed for interior and exterior use. I was going to use a small 12v transformer to run them. I sure you guys could create a circuit to cut the voltage coming off the PS transformer but I don't have that knowledge. I cut notches in the two side ribs and removed the center rib inside the meter to allow installation. The color of my existing equipment has a yellow/green tint and not the normal green in the LEDs. The only way I could get this color was to wrap them in a colored transparent material. Since the white LEDs have a slight blueish tint I put a piece of yellow over the strip first to kill the blue and then slide the strip inside of the green lens. I used transparent file folders you can find at Walmart or Staples to make the lenses. The lenses are not attached to the LED strip but slide inside of them and can be removed or changed simply and new colored lenses made. In the pics I was testing them with a 12v jump box. As far as the tape, goes, I cut a 1/4"-5/16" strip of the aluminum tape and installed it on the upper half of the sides and top inside the meter. Made a big difference in the keeping the light in the meter. When I first turned them on the top half was noticeably darker. After installing the tape it's much more uniform. I put a piece over the outside as well because there was still a little light leaking out but not sure if it was necessary. The biggest difference was the tape inside. I'll shoot you a pic of the tape inside the lens if you would like. Sorry to be so long winded, just trying to give you all the info.