Tell me what you think

enoyes12

Journeyman
Tagline
No, I won't turn it down but you CAN go away!
What do you think of this switch location. I don't like not having a switch to power down the amp while leaving everything else on. Since it's plugged in behind all the equipment it's a PITA. NO, I didn't drill the other holes in the faceplate but I will be finding a way to cover them

IMG_1144.jpg

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
There will be PL 400 replacement faceplates available for purchase that are manufactured by one of the members here. I'm not sure when they will be available but I understand they will look the same or very similar as the originals.

My personal choice for a power switch would be somewhere other than the face plate but that is just me. If you do locate it on the front the location you picked seems appropriate.

enoyes12

Journeyman
Tagline
If it didn't already have the extra holes I think I would be finding another location but since I'm not cutting a hole in a pristine face I figure why not

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
My Belkin and my Adcom has plugs for the amps. They can come up to 120 softer than the other components. I use the Belken for the power switches. The Adcom stays on.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I prefer no switch on the front panel. When I borrowed Doug's "Laart WOPL 1000" I had the PL power plug plugged into a switched surge protector/power bar which I shut off after each use.

Nando.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
I like a power switch on front, reason being I turn the amp on last. I use a power strip also but it's just habit to make sure the amp is turned on last and the switch insures that

enoyes12

Journeyman
Tagline
That's my problem the outlet is behind the equipment and the tv. So using a surge strip won't work either unless I move the TV every time.

Northwinds

Tagline
That's my problem the outlet is behind the equipment and the tv. So using a surge strip won't work either unless I move the TV every time.
I hear you, I have to reach behind my entertainment stand to turn on the power strip. I leave all switches on except for the amp which is why I prefer a switch on the face to turn on so there is no chance of a surge when switching on the strip even though it is a protection strip. I notice if I leave the amp on and turn on the power switch, it makes a whump in the speakers. If I just use the front panel switch on the amp after powering up the strip, there is little or no whump

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
My preference would then be a simple toggle switch located near the amp cable connectors. Doug's PL 400 shown, here:

Nando.

Northwinds

Tagline
My preference would then be a simple toggle switch located near the amp cable connectors. Doug's PL 400 shown, here:

Nando.

That's a good idea. Jer already has done mine and they are lighted. I am not too picky about the location as long as it does not look out of place. I like the look

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
If it didn't already have the extra holes I think I would be finding another location but since I'm not cutting a hole in a pristine face I figure why not
If your pre-amp does not have switched outlets then a switch on the amp is awfully handy. After White Oaking a 400 I have often left them on al;l night because they are a black hole for noise, I have a set of severly modded K's and they are rather efficient, can't hear shit. I like the switch location you've chosen, seems to be the industry standard for flailing around in the dark to find it.. I wouldn't shed a tear over putting another hole in that faceplate...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I sure like where Doug put his, very nice, as long as that AC was routed correctly, very nice. The input wires on the 400's were not shielded so wire discipline is necessary there...

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
None of my amps whump so it isn't a problem. I do use compter power centers with marked switches just the same though.

Northwinds

Tagline
None of my amps whump so it isn't a problem. I do use compter power centers with marked switches just the same though.
Mine don't either UNLESS the amp is already on when the power strip is turned on and the preamp is turned on after. When Sally gets here, both WOPL's will be running off their own surge protection strip. I will probably screw it to the side of the entertainment stand

enoyes12

Journeyman
Tagline
I like the switch n the back as well but just to get the amp in the cabinet i have to turn at an angle to clear the styles of the cab. So that wont work.

enoyes12

Journeyman
Tagline
Again tell me what you think

I'm trying to match the color of my other equipment. Left is the white LED strip and right is same strip with green lens over it. I think it matches pretty good.
IMG_1149.jpg

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
With the White Oak LED light board we can put any color you want in there!! Ask fitz43..