Tascam 112B Motor Questions

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Hi Larry,

No, I don't have the SM..... Just a guess on my part, the numbers are from the motor itself so assumed they were different. The other Teac deck I have (a C3X) those numbers on it's motor matches the SM manual.

If you think they might work send me a PM with your address and I'll send you the $'s for them.

Thanks,
Robert

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Tell you what. I like this 302. It is modular. Took maybe 5 mins to take out the whole transport. Motor out in another 5. Gotta love it. Will post pics in a bit.

Larry

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
speakerman1 said:
I have another sitting right here. The 302 is a dual deck. Not a dual well.

Larry
Ok, hombre, just what the heck does that mean?? Two tape transports in two housings separete from each other is a dual well can also be called a dual deck too.

We might have to make a sticky of Larry's termanlogies......LOL :lol: Dude, I love ya, but I Want Some of Your PiLLs :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :laughing8: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Attachments

speakerman1

Tagline
Stuwee trust me. They are 2 decks. I can do everything I do on one that I can do one the other independently. Dual wells you can play on both but only dub on one. I can dub on both from a different deck or from A-b or B-A. It is different. It is built like a tank. Trust me if they were just dual wells I probably wouldn't have them. Plus I have separate RCAs input and output for both decks.

Larry

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Larry:
No problem on the delay, I understand busy..... I just really appreciate the help from everyone here.

FF:
Yes, I just saw that 122 on CL over on the northside.

Robert

stuwee

speakerman1 said:
Stuwee trust me. They are 2 decks. I can do everything I do on one that I can do one the other independently. Dual wells you can play on both but only dub on one. I can dub on both from a different deck or from A-b or B-A. It is different. It is built like a tank. Trust me if they were just dual wells I probably wouldn't have them. Plus I have separate RCAs input and output for both decks.

Larry
Oh, my bad, humble apology to you sir :oops:

speakerman1

Tagline
OK Stuwee when are you just going to take me at face value? I even took pics for you today when I could spit nails. Was thinking oh no not another one. LMAO

Love Ya Buddy
Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
rtp_burnsville said:
Larry:
No problem on the delay, I understand busy..... I just really appreciate the help from everyone here.

FF:
Yes, I just saw that 122 on CL over on the northside.

Robert
Robert
That is what this little experiment is about. I didn't test the motor. It said working so I just pulled. If it doesn't there is another one on the other side.

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
speakerman1 said:
OK Stuwee when are you just going to take me at face value? I even took pics for you today when I could spit nails. Was thinking oh no not another one. LMAO

Love Ya Buddy
Larry

Larry...........your camera skills are ..................getting better.

stuwee

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Hi Guys,

A little more progress on the 112B today. Thanks to Larry I have a variable speed motor which is now installed along with the new belts and a fix to a plastic cam.

All is sorta working but being this motor is a little different than the original I am going to have to change a couple resistors in the speed control circuit. With the original control circuit and the new motor the speed is much to slow independent of where one adjusts the multiple adjustment pots. I disconnected the speed control circuit and connected some external resistors with a higher value pot and have it currently playing tunes. (Happy Days are here again, well almost!) Looks like the new control resistance needs to be around 18K ohms vs 7K. Not sure if the stability of the control will be impacted with a 2x change in resistance. Mmmm, maybe I will need to get Larry's Wow and Flutter meter he has listed in the for-sale section before I am all done.

Time for a hike before the rain comes once again.....

Robert

speakerman1

Tagline
LOL That is long gone. Do you have the speed tape for it? If you do you can try a program on your computer. I used it to set my speeds. It is called Daqarta. It is a neat program.

Larry